A Chump at Oxford - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Chump at Oxford Reviews

½ August 24, 2008
Just watched this on Turner Classic Movies. I was in a weird mood and this was just the cure I needed. Hilarious.
½ July 23, 2008
I always wanted to be able to wiggle me ears like Stan did in this movie.
½ June 26, 2008
I think his is the best movie they've done, period. When I'm watching this, there is never a spot where I'm not laughing out loud or chuckling. My face hurts everytime I watch this move.
June 22, 2008
"Fatty, lift your chin. No, no, no both of them."

Lol - a classic Laurel and Hardy
June 21, 2008
After all these years, Laurel n' Hardy are still some of the greatest comedic actors of all time. I usually don't care much for "old school" comedy (Marx Bros., Three Stooges, etc.), but these guys are always funny in every movie that they're in, and this film is no exception. Funny from start to finish... which is more than I can say for most modern comedies.
April 11, 2008
Probably my favorite Laurel and Hardy film (Stan's dual characters are hilarious). The bit where they spend, apparently, an entire day and night and day stuck in a garden maze is the height of comedic film surrealism.
½ April 5, 2008
Hilarious. My first Laurel and Hardy movie and definitely not my last.
March 2, 2008
'I say fatty, you've not got the standing of a good lacky' or words to that effect............Stan finally in the driving seat.........it's a toss up between this and Way Out West
January 9, 2008
THE BEST FILM EVER THE LINE "FATTY LIFT UP YOU CHIN" "NO BOTH OF THEM" CLASS
January 4, 2008
Comic masterclass from er... the masters.
½ December 28, 2007
A tremendous documentary about life at Oxford. With slapstick.
December 23, 2007
Funnier than I remember. Both on fine form Stan especially. He comes out with a great right jab early on that had me spitting my coffee!
½ December 22, 2007
Das ist ein Klassiker! Eine fruehe Komoedie ueber den Standesduenkel an renomierten Universitaeten
December 7, 2007
I've seen this film dozens of times and I never tire of it. Stan Laurel gives a surprising performance that shows he had more comic versatility than he let on elsewhere.
½ December 3, 2007
I was in giggling away to the simple fun of the maze ghost, some of the other scenes I thought were a bit surplus but there's no pleasing everyone. Also, although inevitable, seeing Stan Laurel playing a university scholar was also a treat.
December 1, 2007
A ne pas louper: la scene du labyrinth! Trop drole!
November 18, 2007
It's Laurel & Hardy. That's enough
November 4, 2007
my favorite of all laurel and hardy comedies
October 20, 2007
I loved laurel and hardy as a child, and this was one of their best
October 2, 2007
Royal Oxfordians, meet the Royalty of American Comedy: Laurel and Hardy. Rather!
The Dean:"Why do you put up with him?"
L:"Oh, he helps fill up the room. Bring me my tea, fatty!"