Chupacabra Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chupacabra Terror Reviews

March 28, 2013
This movie has a lot of wrong in it like crappy acting, bad effects, cheap sets, and an uninspired plot. However, it has this schlocky charm to it that lends to it being watchable in that goofy monster movie fashion. Having the chupacabra be a guy in a suit was amusing and there's some solid gore.

Pros: More Chelan Simmons goodness, schlocky fun, good gore

Cons: Bad acting, cheap sets, bad effects
½ February 24, 2013
I ve got only one question with this one. How the hell did they managed to cast John Rhys-Davies AFTER the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Also, Gus from Breaking Bad? WTF?
½ September 2, 2012
My god!! Gus Fring was in this movie!!!!
Still terrible though.
½ July 5, 2012
Really cheap and terribly made movie
May 8, 2012
a very good si-fi flic
March 19, 2012
It wasn't too bad. Characters aren't all that great and the ending wasn't too good, but the creature effects were rather nice for a Sci-fi channel film and there were some good kills and a lot of monster action even though the entire film takes place on a ship. Decent enough.
October 28, 2011
Not quite as enjoyable as previous SyFy films but enjoyable none-the-less.
A great cast, makes it worth checking out.
July 6, 2011
Muy mala! Sólo apta para ver con amigos y cerveza; en ese caso se le suman +3 estrellas
½ June 15, 2011
No me decidía entre ir a ver X-Men First Class y ésta... :s
April 10, 2011
This was a very good terrifying film! I saw it on the Sci Fi channel and I have to say bravo! The acting was bad at times but everything else was just so great I have watched this film many times and it gets better and better each time! If you love horror thrillers then watch this underrated film!
October 23, 2010
So bad that whenever I ccatch it on tv i have to watch it just to laugh. It has gained respect in my house as the worst movie ever but I just love it.
October 5, 2010
That is a very bad "guy in a suit" monster.
June 18, 2010
You typical B-grade film, only with SALLAH/GIMLI!
½ June 3, 2010
Do you really need more information besides possibly the most hilarious movie title ever?

½ August 19, 2009
As far as Zone Horror goes, this was actually an ok film. The monster was made out of play-dough as usual but at least some thought had gone into the plot!! A film to watch when theres 'nothing' else on but soap re-runs!
July 21, 2009
Would have given it a half-star rating if it wasn't for the hilarity of the B-movie acting. Good stuff.
½ May 25, 2009
Okay, SERIOUSLY!!!! Who...what... umm... Did anybody out there actually think this movie was good. John Rhys-Davies, what on earth where you thinking? I love that everyone attempted to kill the chupacabras with bul
May 12, 2009
One of those films which is based around a navy hero and a wierd creature.
April 29, 2009
not the best film in the world, not scary but might have you in tears laughing. For a chupacabra AKA "goatsucker" it really doesn't suck that much blood..............
April 26, 2009
Cryptozoologist Doctor Peña (Giancarlo Esposito) traps the legendary Chupacabra on a remote Caribbean Island to make his name in the scientific community. When he smuggles it aboard the cruise ship Regent Queen, commanded by Captain Randolph, (John Rhys-Davies), the monster breaks out of the cargo hold and makes a smorgasbord out of the passengers and crew. Navy SEALs are called in to evacuate the ship and battle the monster, but it ultimately comes down to Captain Randolph, his daughter Jenny (Chelan Simmons), and Federal Marshall Lance Thompson ('Dylan Neal') to save the day.