Chutney Popcorn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chutney Popcorn Reviews

½ February 12, 2012
there were some funny moments few and far between but mostly it felt very raw around the edges, like a not-so-great student project. and the premise, kinda twisted, no?
October 19, 2009
I've seen this movie quite a few times. In fact, I own it. Smart, well-written, dark humor, great performances, and an in your face treatment of social dogma that keeps me coming back.
August 3, 2009
Definitely was cute, just...didn't turn out the way I'd wanted it to I guess? Lol Idk. Cute girls in it though too!
½ July 12, 2009
I liked it a lot, very good performance of everyone, specially Jill Hennessy that is so beautiful, geat plot!
½ June 29, 2009
Can't deny it's full of culture and beautiful people. Everyone is beautiful in this! But the acting is unrealistic and so's the story. Very indie feel, which I like. Still, it kind of leaves you wondering what's wrong with the writer.
March 30, 2009
funny but also covers issues really well
½ February 26, 2009
This is a cute "lesbian chic" movie with an Indian twist where the lesbian sister of an infertile Indian-American decides to carry her sister's baby.
½ August 23, 2008
Such a complex movie. My emotions went all over the place. I loved it though.
July 30, 2008
Fantastic movie by Nisha Ganatra!! Great story plot. Filled with a bit of hilarity, but intriguing story about Reena and her sister. Great cast! Phenomenal music!! Worth watching.
July 24, 2008
dont be ridiculous! hehe
July 20, 2008
I have a thing for Indian themed movies for some reason. Pretty good acting and directing. Good chemistry.
June 7, 2008
An insane decision to be her sister's surrogate & then to keep it & raise it for herself when her sister changes her mind is so brave, & her mother's final exceptance of her lifestyle is beautiful!
March 27, 2008
very bold subject for indian cinema..poor scenes
½ March 9, 2008
seemed like it was made 20 years ago. but hey it was cool to see jill hennessey doing lesbian sex scenes.
February 29, 2008
Love it! Hilarious... crazy family movie!
½ February 28, 2008
I don't get the name of this movie...but it was pretty good, great theme and very moving
February 28, 2008
Mediocre storyline and unlikable protagonist.
½ February 5, 2008
I liked this film, it was sweet. It was nice to see a lesbian film based in the Indian community. It is a nice reflection of life and the challenges faced day to day. Spiced with some nice humour. Great to see Madhur Jaffrey in a film too.
½ January 13, 2008
An ambitious film, but in the end it falls short of what it could have been.
½ January 2, 2008
Great story I wish it were longer