Cicada Song Reviews

• 2d ago

I've read compelling reviews about this movie and saw how it obtained nominations and all but frankly, I can't find anything in there, and I've tried hard. The dialogs are bland, photography is bland, the acting lacks authenticity and you can't find any precise motivation within the "evil" characters who've only been shallowly developed. It's too bad because the synopsis looked promising, but I found the narrative long and dreary.

• 3d ago

Necessary in our time

Necessary in our time

• Apr 10, 2020

A wonderfully filmed journey of small town tensions. It is both thrilling and insightful as we explore the social injustice that still exists in todays America. Lyndsey Lantz does a suburb job as Karen, who is navigating small town prejudices as she tries to find her way in life. There are enough plot twists to keep even the ardent mystery watcher at bay. A good story that is relevant for today's times. Well done.

• Mar 30, 2020

Independent films are often a labor of love, and there are so many nearly impossible challenges to get them made and seen. Cicada Song's Director Michael Starr tackles these challenges and then some. The Missouri setting, is beautifully captured, and leading actress Lyndsey Lantz is engaging. She keeps you rooting for her as she struggles to find the answers to the prejudice and corruption in her community. Give this indie a watch!

• Mar 27, 2020

Una historia que atrapa las ramas de una sociedad casi psicopata, tan real como escabrosa. Las actuaciones son profundas y reales que te llevan de la mano en este bosque de racismo, odio pero al mismo tiempo de inclusión y amor. Todos tenemos una triste historia de amor pero lo que nos define en realidad es como la contamos. Cicada es una cancion digna de her tocada en los cines y en la guitarra de nuestra vida. Gran trabajo de los productores. No se necesitan 'grandes' nombres para contar 'grandes' historias, one day the world will know these names, and more than that... they will remember them.

• Mar 01, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this gritty drama. It's incredibly timely and topical with its content regarding undocumented immigrants and homophobia in the community. The mystery surrounding missing children and the disappearance of her lover, sees Karen take us on a suspenseful journey. Masterfully acted and directed!

• Feb 08, 2020

Absolutely captivating from the beginning. Such a fresh view on the struggles families face and the battles we don't see or hear about when trying to find their loved ones. It opens the dialogue of the silenced people in our nation. The writing was incredibly smart and the protagonist spoke for all strong, determined women in love who continue to battle for truth and their place in this world. True Indy film (like the ones we remember) with beautiful acting and a riveting storyline. Looking forward to seeing more from writer/director Michael Starr.