Circuitry Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Circuitry Man Reviews

½ November 25, 2015
Futuristic chase film with a woman who steals narcotic computer chips for sale on the street and flees to NY with an android designed for pleasure. Not a bad film with Vernon Wells as the villain Ploughed, with outlets on his head. Fared well enough to produce two sequels.
October 27, 2012
Set in the not too distant toxic future where man has been forced underground. A bodyguard must deliver valuable mind microchips from LA to New York with a synthetic human driver. Somewhat short circuited entertainment.
January 6, 2012
One of my favorite 80s retro Sci Fi
DrStrangeblog
July 25, 2011
Futuristic/apocalyptic adventure with BA Woods looks like it could entertain.
May 8, 2011
So...the pretty actress is "the tough guy", Druggie, Plug Head is the "big bad", and the Pleasure Android is the actual "Circuitry Man" of the title? This was the beginning of MISLEADING TRAILERS for me.
Lame even by made-for-television standards.
Wasteland movies that feature too many wasted land shots = BORING.
THANK GOD for stuff like TERMINATOR: Salvation!
March 27, 2011
It doesn't pretend to be more than it is - a true cult film.
½ May 14, 2010
a rough ride at times ... this movie needs more circuitry man ..i feel if his part was beefed up more , perhaps i would of liked this lawnmower man full moon knock off a bit more ..
April 25, 2010
August 4, 2008
MY FULL LIFE STORY
Saturday, August 2, 2008 9:10 AM
July 22, 2008
I bought the sequel to this 'Plughead Rewired: Circuitry Man II' (which doesn't exist according to Facefuck) because it looked like it might be one of those films that are so crap that they're good; and because it cost £1.00p. Sometimes life's full of suprises (even vicarious life) and this was one of those times.

This film shows what can be done on a low budget, the acting is uniformly good ,in a just OTT enough way, (especially Vernon Wells as a Kurtz like figure), and the atmosphere of dystopian gloom is ameliorated by some genuinely funny characters and excellent one liners; also Traci Lords is in it.

Now I want to see the original film.
June 1, 2008
so god vernon wells plays the bad man in this movie best quote. why jack off when you can jack in. also it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be turned out I enjoyed it. I got the sequel and will review on this page as well Watched the sequel not as good but still I like the plug in theme. Vernon Wells always knows how to play a bad guy
February 12, 2008
One of my favorite 80s retro Sci Fi
December 30, 2007
if it is as shit as its sequel, then i would not even bother. just by looking at the cover of this ull no wher wont be much story. and contrary to what robert lovy says, a movie cant be cult when no one knows it even exists apart from the people (myself included) that the look through the 2 dollar for a good laugh when the boys come around for a few beers