Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away Reviews

September 16, 2016
The visual splendor that is Cirque Du Soleil is no better illustrated than in this gorgeous rendition. Not for everyone because it is better live and in person, but still worth a look.
½ July 16, 2016
Interesting to watch the acrobatics and how they are able bring everything to life, but, didn't really follow the story the were telling
½ July 5, 2016
Beautifully choreographed, the performers are remarkable and the set design is magical and spectacular.
July 2, 2015
Never seen Cirque De Soleil before but this is amazing. Different elements. This is not a movie though but of like a show.
½ May 4, 2015
Unbelievably boring! I'm so glad I didn't watch Cirque Du Soleil live in NYC... Because so boring! Sorry for the performers, but it was impossible to make a great movie like that... 3D effects were just OK... Co-produced by James Cameron, but he's not a great producer... It used lots of Beatles songs, but it was boring too... Anyway I'll sell this 3D Blu-ray... Big disappointed...
½ April 17, 2015
This is a beautiful Documentary about the amazing, exciting and dangerous world that is Cirque du Soleil. James Cameron brings us a stunning visual masterpiece. If you have a love and passion or interest in circus performances or ballet and art then this is not a film you should pass up.
April 15, 2015
It requires Internet to view even though I downloaded it.
April 11, 2015
This movie feels like a compilation teaser for various Cirque shows on the strip. If you have never seen a show, it's a nice introduction, if you're down with the absolute lack of coherence (that isn't incoherent enough to fully slip into surreal territory) and the disjointed nature of the piece. If you have seen Cirque shows, give it a pass as it lacks the energy of the live shows that really brings you in.

overall though, I think you'd be better off finding a DVD of a single show and watching that instead, so you really get a better sense of the cirque experience.

Just a note for parents with kiddos: there are background images that may frighten smaller children and though not topless, the Zumanity act is rather sensual, so keep that in mind.
February 22, 2015
Crap movie 0 stars boring the whole movie through start to finish
February 13, 2015
Wasn't what I was expecting but it was beautiful
January 11, 2015
It was a lovely magical performance film :) very lovely story line between the characters it was interesting if you like performance, art and acting this film is for you
December 29, 2014
Simply AMAZING!! This movie makes me want to go into circus training!!
½ November 23, 2014
Let's be real. This was a giant marketing scheme for Cirque du Soleil. They just combined different Cirque show acts, and put a very thin story on top of it. But damn was it pretty. All of the acts are gorgeous to watch, and some are just completely brilliant. My jaw was hanging open. If they were that good on a computer screen, they're probably ten times better live. Yeah, there's a story in there somewhere of a girl trying to find this aerialist dude that she just met but is madly in love with, but there's amazing acrobats! Seriously, my entire rating comes from how awesome the acts were paired with director Andrew Adamson's eye for capturing the perfect moments on a camera.
October 7, 2014
a religious experience. so much beauty
½ September 19, 2014
Being the #1 CDS, I can truly say this movie sucked, and CDS needs a new head of talent and development. Namely me. You can add this to Viva Elvis and Banana Spheel. Naw nothing sucked more than banana spheel.
August 22, 2014
I'm a bit stunned by the negative reviews. For those of us who haven't been lucky enough to see the Cirque in person, this is great. I don't expect a 'coherent' story line. I just expect to be stunned by magnificent acrobatics and spectacle. It delivers.
½ August 22, 2014
The first ten minutes were promising, but the magic didn't last. I found it creepy and boring. I can't say I am a fan of the whole Cirque du Soleil thing in general. It's weird in a scary way. (First and only viewing - 12/28/2012 in theaters)
August 22, 2014
For me this movie was hard to follow.The performances were amazing but the "story" part of it didn't make any since and it was confusing. Also the characters weren't well developed because you really didn't know anything about them.
July 24, 2014
I love Cirque Du Soleil shows. They're incredible to watch live and they are filled with such awe-inspiring performances. Seeing them on screen, it doesn't have as much magic as the actual shows. It has great acrobatics and great set pieces, but just not as much story or characters like the actual shows. It's still a good movie though.
July 10, 2014
I was talked into seeing this. Oops