City of Industry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

City of Industry Reviews

½ June 23, 2016
City of Industry is one of them movies that seems like a good heist movie by the poster, but doesn't turn out how you expect when the movie starts.
May 6, 2015
low tork gangster movie that looks the part but does not act the part.
January 24, 2015
I don't understand the poor ratings this one got. I love the revenge motif and this is an exemplary example of it. Harvey Keitel, I think, often doesn't get his due. He's pretty good in this one. Plot moves right along and is all in all pretty satisfying.
August 17, 2014
I remember dismissing this film as just another in a long string of Quentin Tarantino rip-offs. However, watching it now, it's really just a solid crime story that doesn't bear much similarities to Tarantino films outside of it being violent and having Harvey Keitel and a strong ensemble cast. The revenge story about about Keitel going after a sleazeball who screwed him over after a robbery is solid, though it begins to meander after a point and loses some of it's momentum. However, a strong performances by a solid cast (Keitel, Stephen Dorff, Timothy Hutton, Famke Janssen, Michael Jai White, Lucy Liu, and Elliott Gould) make it worth watching. The underrated John Irvin directed the film.
½ April 6, 2014
A criminal hunts down the getaway driver who betrayed his crew in this no-nonsense, engrossing crime thriller.

I avoided this film for years as I am bored with crime movies about low-functioning punks. But I was wrong about this film. I didn't realize Hutton and Keitel are in it. You'll also see an uncredited Elliot Gould. None of these actors make bad movies. All give good performances.

City Of Industry is gritty and well-paced, the punks are high-functioning, and ti contains a couple of minor twists I didn't see coming. Most importantly, this movie is more or less believable, the dialogue isn't corny, the action isn't unrealistic, and the story doesn't insult your intelligence. It held my attention and I was pleasantly surprised.
April 3, 2014
A very good well acted thriller.
½ March 28, 2013
Below average "Noir" thriller that rips off just about every other crime thriller that came before it
March 16, 2013
What an awesome and underrated crime drama! See it and tell me if Harvey Keitel is not absolutely perfect in it.
½ August 21, 2012
I watched it for Lucy Liu, but Keitel, Dorff, Janssen and Jai White are great too. Classic opening credits gives a feel of mid-90's LA. Great noir, Keitel is a resourceful vigilante, and he has to be going up against the devious Dorff.
August 13, 2012
Great Harvey Keitel action flick.
May 4, 2012
This is watchable and enjoyable and a harmless way to spend 90 minutes...even if it is a MASSIVE rip-off of Reservoir Dogs.
December 19, 2011
I really loved this movie Harvey Keitel really impressed me in this movie a woderful performance by Harvey Keitel and Stephen Dorff in a cat n' mouse game to find $40,000 in cash that is payed to set up Roy Egan. Roy acutall y did not know that he had been set up and he did know that Skip did betray Roy and the heist group after the robbery. :) Love Harvey Keitel Forever he was soooooo great in this movie!!! <3
September 29, 2011
September 11, 2011
Harvey Keitel + diamond heist - Tarantino = bo-ring! And dumb.
August 19, 2011
City of Industry is transformed from an average revenge crime thriller, to a very good one because of a commanding and brooding performance by the criminally under-appreciated Harvey Keitel, who seemingly channels the intensity from his role in Bad Lieutenant.
July 13, 2011
a solid heist/revenge flick - not a classic, but good nevertheless. the first 30 mins had me riveted - great build up. the revenge part of the movie got a little thin i thought, but i didn't mind seeing lucy liu dancing topless.
½ May 14, 2011
Not for those with a weak stomach...
½ September 6, 2010
CITY OF INDUSTRY (1997)
March 24, 2010
Started out ok, then got really confusing, jumping from location to location. Timothy Hutton was good but ***Spoiler Alert*** gets killed too quickly. Keitel has a sort of wooden performance. Lucy Liu with a topless performance in one of her first movies. I like Michael Jai White but he wasn't in it enough. And a surprise appearance by a much younger looking Elliott Gould (compared to the Friends/Ocean's 11 days).