Clans of Intrique (Chu liu xiang) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clans of Intrique (Chu liu xiang) Reviews

May 11, 2015
Clans of Intrigue actually has a lot of intrigue, with soap opera level twists and suspense. Ti Lung stars as a man framed for stealing a powerful and rare poison, and while he looks to find the culprit, the culprit keeps sending notes to his leads and they constantly attack him. Featuring a solid climax with one of the coolest kills ever, Clans of Intrigue is martial arts goodness.
September 14, 2012
Clans of intrigue is mostly a drama, with swordfights interspersed throughout. Lots of dialogue, little action. Unfortunately, the copy I watched had no English subtitles, so I can't speak much to the acting or dialogue.
½ May 12, 2012
Whoops, at least 2 typos up top on this page. Clans of Intrigue is an excellent suspense-mystery with all the high stakes action you would still expect from a Ti Lung-starring Shaw Brothers film. Here he plays a well known rich thief, blamed for the murder of the leaders of the region's three largest kung fu clans. He is given one month to track down the real killer to save his life. Yueh Hua is excellent as a monk you meet early on who turns into the most interesting character in the film. Wish I could say more about him. And one of my absolute favorites, Ku Feng, shows up for a few sequences as well. The sets they use are just gorgeous, especially near the end. I've seen a few of the collaborations between director Chu Yuan and star Ti Lung and hope there are more out there. At the very least I have a few more from the director on my shelf awaiting a viewing.
½ February 28, 2008
not one of the best from shaw's but still worth a look if you are interested.
October 29, 2007
A convoluted plot that doesn't make a whole lot of sense by the thirty minute mark sinks this Ti Lung vehicle. Still, I'm impressed that someone got impaled by a ripped off arm. Truly bizarre scenes include Ti Lung eating an arm for Ghost Month (I live in Taiwan, and I'm unaware of this custom. Must be a Mainland thing), and a hermaphrodite monk who manages to seduce two women between two fistfights. Gets a star for those wacky psychadelic sets and Ti Lung's three "babes" (his words, not mine). Avoid unless you're a Ti Lung junkie. Or a hemaphrodite.
August 25, 2007
crap, a small budged, kung fu movie, with little plot. ok back in the day but these so much better out there now.
August 1, 2007
James Bond meets Agatha Christie meets kung-fu, with knobs on! Ti Lung rules!