Class Reviews

• Mar 27, 2021

This movie generally got bad reviews but I've always really liked it. I think Rob Lowe and Andrew McCarthy, Andrew in particular an actor I have never really liked all that much, have very good chemisty in this movie, and they both do an excellent job. Their fight near the end is one of the best fight scenes I've ever seen on film. It has a realness to it that makes it seem out of control and genuine. I think the sex scenes are also pretty good and steamy as all hell as well as sweet. Much better than the crap today. It's not a perfect movie, but it's fun, well acted and serious at times. Plus it has a lot of young actors who later became pretty big some you may or may not recognize. One of my favorite 80s flicks.

• Jun 27, 2020

Class is a great primer for what practical jokes not to play on your roommate. It's also a lesson that sometimes the best joke to put over on your roommate is the one you didn't know you were playing. The watch-ability is still there because of the debuts of a few popular actors. The low points are many as director Lewis John Carlino handles the serious themes with the same farrier's hand that he handled the pranks.

• May 17, 2019

Jonathan Ogner (Andrew McCarthy) is a freshman for an ivy prep school, and immediately becomes Skip(rob Lowe)roommate. Unbeknownst that the woman his new roommate had finally scored with happens to be Skip's mother, Ellen( Jacqueline Bisset )

• Jul 12, 2018

Class is a decent one time watch especially for fans of the brat pack bunch as this is one of their very first(if not the first, unsure) appearance- Rob Lowe, John Cusack, Andrew Mccarthy-they're all here. Although I cannot recollect much except that there are in some sort of boarding school and the story is decent. I guess if I'd seen it in my early teens I would be more impressed. If you are a fan of those actors I guess you can give this one a shot.

• Mar 25, 2017

One of my favorite comedies of the 80's that not many have heard of. The script is much better than many similar teen comedies made at that time. Plus it has the great Virginia Madsen. What's not to love?

• Apr 11, 2015

A lot of moving parts that work in this story of,well class.

A lot of moving parts that work in this story of,well class.

• Jul 22, 2014

"I may not get laid tonight...though, that's highly unlikely."-Skip (Rob Lowe) Lots of 80's faces to be had. "I've never seen such a vulgar display of wealth."-Jonathan (Andrew McCarthy)

• Mar 17, 2014

How have I not ever seen this?? All the young guys from 80's movies in this silly, fun movie. Must have been their first movies.

• Sep 07, 2013

Pretty awful 1980s graduate rip-off is only worth watching for gawking at quite a few before-they-were-stars, which includes Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, John Cusack, Alan Ruck, Virginia Madsen, Casey Siemaszko, Joan Cusack and Lolita Davidovich. Jacqueline Bisset was kind of a star at the time and also appears. The quite unfunny film was written by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf who would go on to work on much better things including "Grimm," "Angel" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." There is, however, a good score by Elmer Bernstein while he was pigeonholed as a comedy film composer.

• Nov 20, 2012