Clay Pigeons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clay Pigeons Reviews

½ May 14, 2015
A black comedy that'll leave you blacked out.
March 2, 2015
Coincé entre Fargo, The Locusts et U-Turn, cette comédie très noire située dans un coin paumé du Montana est tout simplement un gâchis d'un excellent casting, composé du trio Joaquin Phoenix - Vince Vaughn - Janeane Garofalo et d'un supporting cast plutôt sympathique. En effet, les acteurs parviennent à améliorer le scénario indigent malgré ses multiples twists et déviations inutiles. Si deux ou trois scènes sont franchement réussies, l'ensemble ne l'est vraiment pas, dû à un énorme problème de ton. David Dobkin ne semble pas savoir si son film est une comédie très noire ou un film noir avec une touche de comédie. Du coup, le film est plus agaçant qu'autre chose et se trouve être interminable. Un gros loupé heureusement aujourd'hui quelque peu oublié.
November 8, 2014
annoying unsuspenseful with the mystery of the movie revealed from the get go so I am a little confused at what the appeal is supposed to be, quite terrible not gonna lie
½ July 10, 2014
Edgy psychological thriller with great script, comedic touch and a strong sound track--Dark Humor Drives Engrossing Story!!
½ July 1, 2014
We loved the acting. To see Vince Vaughn play such a weird charachter was creepy!!
½ June 18, 2014
Vince Vaughn's laugh is really fake, but overall great movie!
May 22, 2014
Absolutely loved this movie. Great comedy with a twisted serial killer. A must see for the actors and the comedic dark twist.
½ March 12, 2014
decent movie..it was okay.
November 8, 2013
I have seen ALL of Vince Vaughn's movies and this by FARRR is my favorite!!! Everyone who has never heard of it I let them borrow it on DVD and they Love it!!!
½ October 6, 2013
Starts out great. But peters out. Hell its starts with a BANG! What happened to the direction? I know, Jeanne Garfalo appeared on the set and the movie went to shit. She has a remarkable way of doing this! I wish the homoerotic relationship between Vince Vaughn's and Joaquin Phoenix would have been explored. Total tacked on Hollywood ending.
September 21, 2013
This wasn't a bad movie by any means, it's just a terribly inconsistent with jarring tonal shifts. I just don't think the dark comedy is mixed in very well with the more serious stuff. The reason the Coens can get away with injecting moments of comedy during darker moments is that they never let the comedy completely take away from the drama. In this movie, it's either one or the other and because of that the movie never finds a consistent tone or identity. I think it has some good performances from the cast, mostly Vince Vaughn and I think there are some clever moments in the film, but they're simply not enough to make the film good. As good as the cast is, and it's not like they're outstanding or anything, the script simply doesn't match their talents. There are some good ideas here but this is a below average script with severe identity issues. It simply doesn't know what it wants to be, and it's really transparent from watching the movie. It's a script that certainly isn't confident in itself. At the very least, this film is watchable but it's still not particularly good. To me at least. I don't have much to say really, as this movie's kind of dull.
August 27, 2013
Vince's laugh in this alone is worth a watch. Barney was the best. He should've been utilized more. Could've made the ending better...But Good Casting. i wish i cared a little more about this story or the characters. credibility was lacking. Even just a little bit of work on the script. I'm no FBI agent but I HAVE watched The Wire twice and there were too many "I can't believe this..." moments for me. i do like a clean noir comedy though. And having lived in Montana it was nice to see the backdrop. That was legit.
½ May 8, 2013
Young Joaquin Phoenix and Vince Vaughn side-by-side is pretty interesting to watch, especially seeing Vaughn playing the character that he plays in it
March 31, 2013
Absolutely incredible, Vince Vaughan's performance in this film is extremely chilling.
March 22, 2013
vince vaughn's performance is great in this very odd movie. Although I discovered this gem of craziness late in life I really enjoyed it for all it's badness.
January 18, 2013
A Montana man distressed over the suicide of a friend whose wife he was having an affair with befriends a serial killer who never touches him, but won't leave him alone. Dark comedy and thriller mix well, though sometimes the screenplay gets awkward and a little over the lines. Vaughn as the closely psychotic serial killer is one of the elements worth watching the movie for.
LWOODS04
January 17, 2013
"What an interesting film. I didn't really know much about it before seeing it. But with Vince Vaughn and Joaquin Phoenix being in the film, you really can't pass that up. So glad I made the choice to watch it. I really liked it. The acting was good on most parts. That being just from the two leads and a couple side characters. Vince stole the show though. He was evil, but likable. It made it a little difficult to be disgusted with him since he was such a charmer. I am not sure what that says about me, but anyways. I really liked his performance in this. The movie moves along quickly which leaves you little room to be bored. If you like morbid comedie's and a good old serial killer flick, this one will suit you just fine."
½ December 27, 2012
This is an under-the-radar movie. Very good film in my opinion.
October 31, 2012
When your supporting characters (namely the ones played by Vaughn and Garofalo) are more interesting than your leading actor, you know you're watching a confused film, and one that could had benefited from another draft or two.
½ October 25, 2012
Not that good really, i didnt expect much to be honest