Cleanskin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cleanskin Reviews

½ October 10, 2014
An interesting movie, shows the side of the terrorists and their story, but it's not what the movie said it would be about. We think we get to see Sean Bean acting with an assistant against the terrorist in London, and we do, but the film mostly focuses on a Muslim man instead. It moves to the past to show how he gets to be influenced to do what he finally for in the end, and mostly of the film is showing his life before the events in the present day. There is of course a love story thrown in with him, and too be honest the movie would have been decent had it actually been about him, other than claiming to be about anti terrorist Sean Bean. It's a ok film, goes constantly back to the past for very long periods of time, but for the most part dosen't bore. It really seems to side with the terrorists, showing how they're just defending and avenging their people, and how they will go to any length to do so, and at the end of the day they can't all be stopped. It protrays a different point of view and is a good topic for discussion, but as a film it dosen't particularly excel in any areas. The action scenes are good and entertaining though.
½ September 27, 2014
Sean Bean is one of the most underrated stars around. He would have been the perfect Bond - totally grounded and very dangerous, akin to Daniel Craig. He does a great job in this film, although the character has a knack for being blindsided now and again. The story has some lulls and it is more realistic than most films of this sort (which means it is not heavy on action).
This is a Le Carray styled story with more akin to Phillip Marlowe than James Bond, which means that it will not appeal everyone.
The conclusion to the story is truly excellent. I found it very satisfying and I was left wondering why I had never heard of this film before.
September 25, 2014
No barn burner, but not a bad flick.
½ August 31, 2014
Average terrorist/conspiracy thriller. The brutal violence is quite jarring (in a good way). But the storytelling is muddled, and the ending you can spot a mile away.
August 30, 2014
The quote on the case sums it up 'A Brutal Thriller'. Although the very beginning has the best two scenes. I was a little disappointed with Sean Bean, who seems to plod through, perhaps it was the part he was given.
August 22, 2014
Charlotte (Charlotte Rampling ): We're bound by procedure. In this situation, we cannot afford those constraints.

I wanted so much to like this film, and don't get me wrong, the story was engaging enough, but most of the actors (including the always wonderful Sean Bean) pretty much whispering their lines; so much so that I barely could hear the dialogue. It was awfully frustrating not to be able to clearly hear what was developing in the story. Overall, the film's plot was interesting but I'm so tired of actors mumbling their lines and calling it "method" acting. Annunciate for God's sake! Especially when what they're saying is so essential to following the plot. In short, I'm just saying this film could have been directed better-- the actors were great, the story was good, the action sequences were superb; it just needed to be a bit more audible to be enjoyable.
August 4, 2014
Secret Service, terrorists, suicide bombers, intrigue, killings, self serving politics and dirty games.
July 30, 2014
Cleanskin is a very solid spy thriller that should please most Sean Bean fans.
July 24, 2014
Ok, good twist but not terrific plot
June 1, 2014
Hmm, a bit silly but attempts to scrape the surface of the key debates around radical Islam, homegrown terror and what kind of security response is possible lot desirable
May 31, 2014
Realistic 007 movie.
May 30, 2014
Sean bean takes on radical extremist's with superpowers.
½ May 19, 2014
Very good film about the dark goings on of security services and governments. Interesting and disturbing at the same time.
½ April 28, 2014
Cleanskin is a heavy handed, predictable, and inefficient effort in storytelling that moves along at a dragging pace that makes the film nearly unwatchable apart from what is marketed as a Sean Bean film. The brief and intermittent scenes of Bean are the pinholes of enjoyment in a blanket covered in cow feces.
April 18, 2014
Decent British terror flick.
TheDudeLebowski65
March 31, 2014
Cleanskin is an interesting action thriller with some pretty good performances from its cast, and is aided with an engaging storyline and good direction. Cleanskin works well enough to keep you involved in the story, but at times, it does falter and you can see that there aspects of the story that could have been improved upon. Nonetheless, if you're looking for a good action thriller, this one delivers something quite worthwhile for viewers that enjoy the genre, and there are some pretty good performances here as well. Sean Bean delivers yet again a solid performance, and he more than makes up for the film's shortcomings. Like, I said, the film is pretty good for what it tries to accomplish. However, I do that at times, the film's script could have been rewritten a bit to really make the ideas stand out. Cleanskin is a good film, but it does fall short of what it could have been. I felt that some of the ideas could have been better structured in order to make for an even more solid genre film. Nonetheless, there are enough effective elements at work to make this an engaging and worthy viewing experience. I liked the film, even if it fell short at times. Luckily the cast more than made up for the film's lack in truly engaging storytelling. The film has a good story, but like I said, it could have been better. The film is engaging for the post part, but you're left wanting more as well, therefore it's never really that memorable either. Cleanskin has some engaging moments, but it suffers from a script that seems a bit rushed, and disjointed. Despite this, it still is an entertaining film, and if you enjoy the genre, it's worth seeing. However, you'll probably walk away from this one wanting a bit as well.
½ March 20, 2014
Great little action film with an interesting plot
½ February 25, 2014
gr8 cast good thriller
February 15, 2014
Solid movie and story
February 11, 2014
Questions Morals and methods and is not a one sided story, great entertaining film recommend to everyone