Clear Lake WI - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clear Lake WI Reviews

½ August 1, 2011
An interesting story with some pretty good acting, but its way too slow-paced for me...nothing really happens until the end..
½ June 10, 2014
Clear Lake, WI (Brian Ide, 2009)

Entirely forgettable serial-killer movie that wants to cross subgenres into the teen-sex-comedy world, but fails in both respects. Promising setup-an aspiring documentary filmmaker gathers together the survivors of a quarantined town, all of whom were under the protection of a local crazy preacher (Michael Madsen, slumming it), and takes them all back to Clear Lake (where, of course, they start dying). I'd like to blame the movie's problems on a lack of budget, but I'm not sure Ide (The Ride) and screenwriters Morgan Simpson (Redemption Road) and Geoff Bullens could have pulled this off with A-listers and a Michael Bay-level budget; there's just not enough to the story, and what there is was tired and predictable thirty years ago. Could possibly have some use as a sleep aid, but otherwise avoidable. * 1/2
½ February 14, 2014
The story is somewhat interesting yet slow and confusing. The characters are dull and pointless, and the overall plot process is questionable. In the end, it's forgettable brain-fuzz.
½ August 1, 2011
½ August 31, 2010
While this movie wasn't the worst ever, it definitely wasn't that great. Basically it was a wanna-be horror movie that did not really reflect the town at all. While I get that reflecting the town wasn't the main point, I think a lot of CL natives will be disappointed because that was what was so talked up. Also the movie did not have the smoothest flow. It was very predictable and overall not very "thrilling."