Clear and Present Danger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clear and Present Danger Reviews

½ August 11, 2014
(First and only viewing - 9/11/2008)
August 9, 2014
One of my all time favourite Harrison Ford Films and Thriller films.
½ August 9, 2014
ford is still reliably conscientious as jack ryan, patriotic but not wantonly jingoistic like the script. the plot and dialogue aim high, almost akin to bond, but it's closer to apathetic and ambiguous.
½ July 31, 2014
a lot of the casting was way off from the book. and while this movie wasn't bad, it was bad for a movie based off a book. so much they got really wrong with tiny bits right
July 15, 2014
Best Jack Ryan movie made!
½ June 30, 2014
Weakest one in the series but by no mean the worst.
June 16, 2014
This movie kinda makes it seem like Tom Clancy writes good stories, he doesn't, though.
May 23, 2014
Really boring. This is one of the few movies I abandoned mid-way. Could not endure it.
½ April 29, 2014
Suspenseful and thrilling. A good political spy movie.
½ April 29, 2014
Eh, you won't be missing too much if you skip this one. It belongs in the 70s or 80s - not contemporary 1994. I'm just too tired of preachy Hollywood when too many actors have made the trip to Venezuela and Cuba to pay homage to their favorite dictators...
April 3, 2014
A good action movie even when seen again in 2014. Good performances with good direction does justice to Clancy's novel
½ April 2, 2014
Dealing with a very interesting subject...
April 1, 2014
This is a phenomenal movie. I wish I could go back and watch it again for the first time. I have no idea how many times I've seen it and I'm not done yet. Probably on my list of top 10 movies of all time.
March 24, 2014
Great Jack Ryan installment.
½ March 18, 2014
Clear and Present Danger is almost as good as Patriot Games, but its downfall is that it moves more slowly and is less intense, so that by the time an action scene happens the tension has died down. Nevertheless, Ford is still great and the movie is still thrilling.
March 1, 2014
Jack Ryan is my hero! My favorite out of the series.
½ February 19, 2014
This is not just a great sequel, but a classic 90's action flick, I could see it in the film. Well done movie!
February 17, 2014
The story is about Jack Ryan once again played by Harrison Ford who is assigned to try and hunt a Colombian drug cartel after the villain murdered a close friend of the President. When Ryan discovers that the President's wealthy friend was in league with the cartel, a secret paramilitary force is sent to wipe out the drug lords. The force is captured by who cares. Jack works alongside a renegade operative named Clark played by Willem Dafoe. I swear, the villain/s in this movie is so boring and forgettable that I couldn't care less about them. They were barely in the movie. Ford is better as Jack Ryan. The 1990s cheesiness is visible and the patriotism is back and visible also that Patriot Games lost unfortunately. The Clear And Present Danger gets a weak 6/10.
½ February 17, 2014
just love this movie
February 15, 2014
Tercera pelicula de Jack Ryan. Creo que ha sido la mejor de las que he visto ya, a pesar de que se vea que para los gringos toda latinoamerica es igual a Mexico.