Cleveland Vs. Wall Street (Mais mit dä Bänkler) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cleveland Vs. Wall Street (Mais mit dä Bänkler) Reviews

½ February 15, 2014
Cleveland Contre Wall Street part pourtant d'une tres bonne idee, assez originale, mais le traitement du film n'est pas a la hauteur. Non pas que le film soit loupe, loin de la. Jean-Stephane Bron s'eparpille trop alors qu'un simple huis clos aurait ete parfait. Cependant, le film fait l'effort d'expliquer a son spectateur en des termes intelligibles la crise des subprimes et possede quelques joutes verbales assez fabuleuses. Ne serait-ce que pour ces raisons, Cleveland Contre Wall Street est indispensable.
December 16, 2012
Bon exposé du problème des subprimes au quotidien, à Cleveland, via un vrai/faux procès constitué, nous permettant de peser les arguments des uns et des autres...
April 4, 2011
Cle. v. Wall St. stirs up emotion by confronting the controversial issue of sub-prime loans in America. From scene-to-scene, the story focuses on a mock trial, issuing testimony from a diverse witness list. Most trials, real or fictitious, use a jury to determine guilt. This civil court jury is enlisted to deliver a verdict, "Are the big banks of Wall St. financially liable for the rash of foreclosed, boarded-up homes in Cleveland's Slavic Village. Just as the first witness is called, it is transparent this film sets out to convict & demand the CEO's to, "Pay me my money down, pay me or go to jail," as sung in the movie. Similar to Michael Moore films, this film targets a niche market audience sympathetic to left-leaning ideology. The movie did earn points for cinematography & music, which contributed to good production value. If you like anti-capitalist & anti-personal responsibility movies, this one is for you.
April 2, 2011
Just saw this at Cleveland Film Festival, it was a very good movie that sheds light on a tragic situation.
November 9, 2010
I recommend this movie because of the sensitivity of the director. We just musn't forget that it is based on a true story, that people had really suffered about that. All my congratulation for this movie!