Cliffs of Freedom Reviews

• Jun 21, 2019

Super movie highlighting the Greek struggle of independence against the Turkish barbarians invaders.

• May 23, 2019

Good historical romance. Compelling actors. Great special effects.

Good historical romance. Compelling actors. Great special effects.

• May 18, 2019

The only redeeming feature of this ahistorical mess of a movie was the costumes.

• May 10, 2019

Very touching movie !! I cried twice during the show !! It has nice peaks and keeps you in agony. They all play amazingly in their roles. The Greeks deserve to see it.

• Mar 26, 2019

Got talked into going. Wow! Glad I did. Excellent in every respect. Will buy the DVD.

• Mar 23, 2019

Really liked this movie. Set amidst a little known history of Greece's fight against 400 years of Ottoman Turkish occupation. A love story within another example of human endurance and and the heroic spirit of national preservation. If i had to critic anything, it would be the realism in costuming...a little too "clean" for the times and environment. A little reminiscent of historical early 60's movies. Yet, i still enjoyed the movie and felt moved by the story.

• Mar 07, 2019

I went to see this movie, reluctantly, to make my Greek mom happy. I thought the trailers made it seem melodramic. To my surprise, this movie was fantastic. The love story was not contrived, and it took surprising turns. I'm not a fan of bloody violence, but in this movie, it was purposeful and real. I was moved by the story so unexpectedly, and now I want to research the Greek Revolution. This story is fiction, but it was inspired by history. I was truly surprised by it. Christopher Plummer was his quality self, but I found all the characters believable. I hope this movie has a chance at box office viewing.

• Mar 04, 2019

Pleasantly surprised by this historic epic about the Greek nationalist struggle against Imperial Ottoman oppression. Great story & casting. Engaging and enlightening!