Close Your Eyes Reviews

• Apr 04, 2018

Goran Visnjic stars as a hypnotist who while helping police woman Shirley Henderson quit smoking has a vision connected to a serial killer she is investigating. Assuming he has psychic powers (!), she recruits him to help question a young girl who survived an encounter with the killer and refuses to talk. An intriguing premise ... psychic hypnotist helps hunt serial killer ... is really not very well executed. After a nifty bunch of setup scenes, it really drags with Visnjic having a whole bunch of wacky visions that don't really lead anywhere for about 2/3 of the running time. Paddy Considine shows up as the owner of a table top game store who gets a really memorable death scene.

• Jul 04, 2013

Compelling and provocatively literate crime thriller--A real psychological mind bender!!

• Apr 25, 2013

A stylish and well told thriller with a surprisingly entertaining cast that comes from a Director who's really done nothing more than direct TV series and movies. Makes sense that his main would be someone like ER dreamboat Goran Visnjic but it's the chemistry between him and Shirley Henderson that drives this picture. If the film had been done with some poor acting it would have felt boring so Director Nick Willing has a lot to thank his cast for. The story is (which Mr. Willing co-wrote) isn't terribly original but the X-Files like feel at least manages to keep some interest. All in all, the film is passable and worth checking out, but don't be surprised if you quickly forget it.

• Apr 25, 2012

Rather boring thriller..the ending though is good enough for 2 stars I just wish the rest of the movie was as good.

• Feb 03, 2012

An OK film. Interesting premise and story but the acting was a bit iffy, and the movie as a whole didn't come together for me. A film about hypnotism putting me to sleep, who woulda thunk it?

• Dec 26, 2011

I see a lot of promise here, but the concept is a bit overdone, the acting a bit stiff, and toward the end, it just goes too far off the deep end. I really wanted to enjoy this, but sometimes it didn't make it easy. It's worth seeing once, but I'm not sure I'd be tempted to watch it again.

• Nov 01, 2011

Good story. Kept my attention.

Good story. Kept my attention.

• Oct 25, 2011

Fun, trashy little occult thriller.

Fun, trashy little occult thriller.

• Oct 23, 2011

Strange storyline, a bit gross in part, but fairly entertaining.

Strange storyline, a bit gross in part, but fairly entertaining.

• Jul 03, 2011

An entertaining supernatural thriller. Great visuals and convincing acting that makes you care for the main characters. The story has some glaring holes but if you suspend your disbelieve the movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. I loved the ending!