The Closet (Le Placard) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Closet (Le Placard) Reviews

½ June 26, 2017
Le Placard est souvent drôle, un mélange entre caricature du monde du rugby (on notera la présence de Vincent Moscato), dialogues réjouissants souvent déclamés par un excellent Gérard Depardieu et une intrigue simple et concise. Mais Le Placard se complaît aussi un peu trop souvent dans une histoire dramatique absolument inintéressante au possible entre Daniel Auteuil et Alexandra Vandernoot qui y joue son ex-femme. A chaque fois qu'elle ou Stanislas Forlani (qui y joue son fils) est à l'écran, le film est à la limite du supportable. Heureusement, ce n'est qu'une petite fraction du film, surtout dans la deuxième partie, ce qui fait que ce Placard n'est finalement pas un mauvais divertissement du tout.
½ May 20, 2016
It did get me laughing at some parts but after I finished watching it, I don't find any true meaning to this movie. I guess this is just a lighthearted movie for those with some time to kill.
May 31, 2015
Smart & hilarious, why can't American gay flicks be as good?
April 12, 2015
To prevent losing his job, Francois decided to pretend to be gay with the help from his industrial psychologist neighbour. Life goes from bad to good as he does so, but with hilarious result. Le Placard is a smart comedy to satirize the affirmative action policy. I especially love the set design, it was simply exquisite.
½ September 14, 2014
Great French comedy, in the fashion of great French films. Quiet funny.
September 6, 2014
A delightful funny comedy with Francois Pignon (the dull accountant) learns that he will be fired soon - the story starts when the office thinks he is gay. Great to watch.
½ August 3, 2014
You simply can't lose with a film featuring Daniel Auteuil and Gérard Depardieu!
½ March 13, 2014
Very funny movie with an ironic twist!
February 8, 2014
An interesting twist on a gay movie. Funny & clever.
January 20, 2014
An awesome underdog story. French girls are hot.
January 14, 2014
Nice little french comedy with a great cast & a loveable story of a man who's mistaking as being a gay employee in a conservative corporate. Some well written dialogues & great actors will give you a great time in this intelligent & solid entertainment.
½ January 12, 2014
Had some funny moments.
½ December 26, 2013
An enjoyable and hilarious comedy on sexuality with Great performances from Daniel Auteuil and Gerard Depardieu. Films like this mark the social progress we have experienced.
December 22, 2013
Scénario complètement délirant! Jeux d'acteurs considérables, j'ai beaucoup aimé. Drôle au boutte et aucun temps mort.
October 17, 2013
Silly and enjoyable fun.
½ September 12, 2013
Depardieu pink sweater
½ August 27, 2013
A cute little movie about a sticky situation. Auteuil is becoming a favorite actor.
August 18, 2013
A bit more crass and vulgar than the dinner game, the humour is less sophisticated, but it works better as a movie.
ElCochran90
½ July 10, 2013
A charming French comedy with bad results, not surpassing the usual European modern standards. Avoid it.

56/100
June 10, 2013
Another French comedy that didn't let me down.