Clue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clue Reviews

½ June 19, 2016
Mis-direction fantasia.
June 16, 2016
One of my favorites for all time.
½ June 16, 2016
4.5/5. Hilariously fun movie.
June 12, 2016
I'm going to go ahead and tell you that my rating only reflects my personal enjoyment and my genuine love for this movie. If you didn't grow up watching Clue then you probably won't get it or enjoy it as much as I do. This is the original board game movie (before Battleship came along), and I'd say they did a fantastic job with it. Sure they could have done a literal translation of the game and made it a tongue-in-cheek murder mystery, but instead they chose to also make it a comedy. It works wonderfully, even if the plot and its resolution doesn't really pan out. The enjoyment of the movie is for its performances and characters, which it has in spades. It features an all-star ensemble cast with fantastic performances from Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn and Michael McKean, not to mention Christopher Lloyd, Martin Mull, Lesley Ann Warren and Colleen Camp. There's also a couple of pseudo cameo appearances by Jane Wieldin and Howard Hesseman. The tone of the film is solid and fantastic and the whole thing still holds up well to this day even if the jokes don't quite hit their mark every time. It's one of my favorite movies and always leaves me with a smile on my face.
May 2, 2016
Awesome movie. One of my favorites. The multiple ending idea is a great idea for this movie because it uses the concept from the board game itself as the who what and where always changes. It's a laugh fest from start to finish and worth the watch.
½ April 26, 2016
77%
Saw this on 25/4/16
The film may not have been able to retain its shear inventiveness throughout its whole length, but it clearly achieves its objective in becoming an engaging parody of the Gothic whodunit subgenre. Its third act is extensively brain storming and may not appeal to all, I for one found two of the endings to be bad and one to be average.
½ April 23, 2016
Taking six very pointedly immoral characters and spinning a tale of secrecy, lies, and murder, this movie shows us what not to do and ends with every man getting what's coming to him. If the character development wasn't enough, the special effects prove to be effective tools, honing in on the deeper meanings of the script. The acting allows the audience to relate to the characters and understand the sometimes hidden messages meant to teach. These aspects keep people coming back to watch over and over again this cult classic.
April 22, 2016
March 20, 2016
The movie might be ridiculous and corny, but "Clue" is very funny nonetheless. It isn't hard to see why this is considered a cult classic. It has funny characters, a ridiculous premise, and multiple endings, just like the board game it's based on. Is it a comedic masterpiece? No. Do I still find it funny a decade after seeing it for the first time? Yes.
March 12, 2016
Not Murder by Death but fun
½ March 5, 2016
Lots of fun! It gives the traditional murder mystery some comedic flavor. It is complicated at times, but the alternate endings were a unique concept that I enjoyed. (First and only viewing - 3/4/2016)
March 4, 2016
silly film but a laugh and makes me wanna play cluedo again!
February 27, 2016
A mystery comedy classic.
February 20, 2016
If it your kind of vaudevillian 1980's movie, it's nice
February 5, 2016
Clue was funny and entertaining. The endings had a few plot holes, but it doesn't bring down the movie.
February 4, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time!!!
February 3, 2016
Probablemente es la mejor adaptación de un juego de mesa que he visto. Sumamente divertida.
½ January 10, 2016
Clue is barely a movie. It's a ridiculous adaptation of the board game. It doesn't know if it should be funny or serious. Heck the movie doesn't even know how it's suppose to end because the narrative is so thin and so ridiculous that they give you three gimmicky alternative outcomes. Characters are mostly annoying with some rare standout performances. The film is mostly a dull experience, and should be avoided. Play the game instead.
½ December 30, 2015
A classic film that takes me back to my childhood days, when I pretty much watched it on repeat, and even made my friends watch it with me every time they came round (possibly why my friendships never lasted that long). Even now i could probably still recite each and every line of this movie with relative ease, and it's also where I developed my love of the song 'Sh-Boom' from. The difference being is that I now view this feature as a classic comedy as opposed to simply the classic whodunit that i only saw it as back in the day. This was largely because I was too young to get any of the jokes or one-liners, such as the rib tickling conversation between Mrs Peacock and Yvette the French maid; "is there a bathroom I could use?", "oui oui Madame", "No I just want to powder my nose!" - Genuis. It's 90 minutes of pure lighthearted amusement with each character providing their own brand of humour. It's slightly confusing towards the latter stages given that there is no official conclusion, and instead we are witness to 3 alternate endings, but I guess we are just left to choose our favourite. Why we weren't just given the best ending with the other two placed in the deleted scene extras on the DVD I don't know. I'd love it if a remake or further instalment of this came out, but I suspect it's one of those movies that will always just remain a cult classic, which no other could live up to. Give it a couple of hours, and I may just have the urge to watch this again!
December 28, 2015
WILL YOU STOP DOING THAT?!
Ner.