Coach - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coach Reviews

½ August 6, 2016
A less fun, less enjoyable, sporty take on the same company's My Tutor.
March 20, 2016
Boy, did I have a big-time crush on Cathy-Lee Crosby after seeing this!
A fun, breezy flick anyway.
January 17, 2014
thise is like is igmar bergman directed a basketball movie. pretty good but the shower scene ripped of psycho also it weas racist.
½ October 27, 2012
Female Olympic gold medalist takes over as coach of a struggling high school boys basketball team. Cathy Lee Crosby gets racier than I expected. Hard to believe a sexual relationship between coach and student is deemed acceptable in the 1970s.
November 30, 2011
Root for the underdog with Cathy Lee Crosby as the unlikely coach of a high school basketball team! Try not to have dirty thoughts about the super hot new coach! I don't think it can be done.

This one has a good bit of charm going for it, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Worth a look.
½ October 31, 2011
This movie is evidence that everybody was on cocaine in the 70's
½ September 15, 2011
½ July 28, 2011
A typical 70's teen dramedy, with the disturbing subplot of the coach dallying with one of her students.
½ June 23, 2011
High school hires Cathy Lee to coach its struggling basketball team. Standard formula except relationship that develops between Crosby and one of her players. The fact the age gap and moral questions are never addressed seems mind-blowing today.
½ February 5, 2011
Yeah, another one of those movies from the 70s and 80s where a teacher bedding a student was seen not only as OK, but pretty cool. Michael Biehn is the young basketball star and Cathy Lee Crosby is the new couch, and it takes all of a wink and a smile to get her frolicking in a wet t-shirt on the beach. Another movie in a long line that gave me very unrealistic expectations of high school.
August 21, 2010
I believe I saw the whole film - it was a long time ago though. It's a "guilty pleasure" kind of film - Cathy is a beautiful coach of a highschool boys basketball team and she becomes involved with one of the players - there is a very steamy shower scene!
April 20, 2010
If youve seen 1 movie like this youve seen em all except this Coach was dating 1 of her players.You couldnt get away with this in movies nowadays
March 21, 2010
Hilarious theme song! Lots of montages with more hilarious music. OMG the basketball coach is a girl!
November 6, 2008
Great little film. Now a days thugh a teacher doing this to a student would go to jail. But back in the 80's it was escapism fun.
July 12, 2008
not bad for what it is ... might have been more effective back in the day ..
½ March 9, 2008
I bought this for $2 at my favorite video store that was closing and was amazed. It was a little disturbing when I realized she was doing a high school student, but hey, it's the 70s. Just fun, all around.
January 13, 2008
this movie is a bit like wildcats lite