Coach Carter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coach Carter Reviews

½ August 30, 2015
Samuel Jackson is gooooood!
½ August 26, 2015
Strong, powerful message: work hard and you will be a winner. Talented cast brings a positive message to this basic principle.
August 23, 2015
It has every cliche for a sports movie, but it's entertaining enough
August 10, 2015
Jackson raises up the rather generic sports movie to watchable with his strong performance.
August 7, 2015
I used to play high school basketball and this movie just gave me a whole new perspective on how life works. This movie teaches not just athletes, but everyone else the importance of teamwork and how you can be successful in life. I would recommend watching it.
July 26, 2015
Amazing movie!! One of my favorites for sure!!
July 25, 2015
Awesome movie. It's certainly nothing new when it comes to the story, but with great style, good direction, and incredible commitment and performances from the cast, especially Jackson, the formulaic plot devices can be quickly forgiven.
July 24, 2015
Samuel L Jackson delivers is this MTV-produced sports drama, as do all the young actors portraying the Richmond Oiler basketball team. Its believable in its dramatic, motivational sort of way, and its charming. What makes this film is the passion and care put into it. This is sports drama done right.

The soundtrack is also on point, and it helps the rough streets of Richmond come alive and shows audiences the reality of the situation for some of these inner-city kids.
July 16, 2015
It's formulaic but nevertheless Samuel L. Jackson leads an inspiring film.
½ June 2, 2015
if only Samuel l Jackson would do more roles like this
½ April 3, 2015
A great basketball movie.
April 2, 2015
Very good sports drama, based on a true story.
February 22, 2015
Feb 22, 2015

Orchard Hill

Scott Burden
February 17, 2015
A fantastic basketball film that is powered by a phenomenal central performance from Samuel L. Jackson in a based on true events lead role. It wasn't a cliche typical lame sports movie where the underdog wins at the end and all is good in the world. This movie was much deeper and much more dramatic and entertaining than that! It was much better than I had expected!
February 13, 2015
One of my favorite high school basketball.
pretty inspirational
February 13, 2015
one of the first movies i snuck in and kinda happy i did.
February 7, 2015
A little long, but a strong message and story. And Samuel L Jackson is cool, per usual.
January 29, 2015
Samuel L. Jackson is clearly pleased to be playing this role, but it's one we've seen so many times before. Full review later.
½ January 18, 2015
Good, but overlong. Story was very uplifting, and understandably cheesy in some parts.