Cockneys vs Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cockneys vs Zombies Reviews

November 29, 2016
Probably the funniest zombie comedy next to Zombie Land! There are a few filmmaking mistakes but nothing that takes away from the film. And Michelle Ryan is sooo beautiful!!
November 28, 2016
Actually quite amusing despite the at times abysmal acting. Drop kicking a zombie baby and being unable to off a zombie with a steel plate in his head were two stand out moments!
November 13, 2016
This movie is awful... Occasionally there is an amusing gore moment but usually the characters seem to talk. Never heard "faaaakin" used so much in any project before. Even the seasoned actors sliver their lines flatter than a pancake too. The plot doesn't explain itself & it's filmed with an insipid lighting. Crud.
½ October 20, 2016
A movie with some cool ups but also some unfortunate downs. It's goofy, dumb fun, and it's entertaining enough, bu the main down of this film, that I really hated, is everytime a zombie or person gets shot, it gets all CGI and shit, and the CGI in this movie is just awful, it feels like a Syfy film. They should've just stuck to the classic Romero special effects. This film also reminds me a lot of Shaun f the Dead (2004), which was a masterpiece. In you're looking for goofy and gory fun, this is the flick for you!!
September 9, 2016
A Funny zombies film.
½ August 7, 2016
Alan Ford (Lock Stock + Snatch) stars in this comedy about bumbling bank robbers and a group of elderly East Enders battling the undead. Pussy Galore also stars as one of the old folks. A really solid film throughout.
June 10, 2016
Surprisingly funny and enjoyable.
May 28, 2016
Imagine Snatch (including Brick-Top) meets Shaun of the Dead. Breezy, gross-out, tongue in cheek flick.
½ March 12, 2016
No more than a television sketch comedy routine stretched out to movie length and that's all it is. Anglophiles will enjoy working on their English accents. Drinking game fun: 1 shot for every time "sort it all out" is heard. You might not make it to the end. Crisps, anyone?
½ January 7, 2016
Hallowe'en viewing, 2015
½ October 25, 2015
Interesting Little Comedy...
½ September 29, 2015
Just a silly funny film that does exactly what it says on the tin. A film about Zombies attacking the East End. Alan Ford is the real star reprising his usual role cockney gangster role (to perfection)
½ August 12, 2015
Awesome film !!!!!! Lots of laughs !!!!!
½ July 20, 2015
You're about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

A group of down on their luck friends decides they need to rob a bank to set their fortunes in the right direction. One of the friends recently put his father in a nursing home and the father's adjustment is very interesting. During the heist a zombie outbreak occurs. The gang decides to go rescue the father from the nursing home where they may be able to hold up until things get better.

"If we're gone longer than ten minutes..."
"...then fucking wait longer."

Matthias Hoene, director of the upcoming The Perfect Assassin and Warrior's Gate, delivers Cockneys vs Zombies. The storyline for this picture is a satire of sorts and doesn't take itself seriously. The comedic content and acting is corny.

"I'm going to stick the clapboard so far up your ass you're going to have to stick that pen up your nose to write on it."

When this was added to Netflix I instantly added it to my wish list. I hoped for a decent zombie flick, but solid horror movies are far and few between. Overall, this isn't anything special and has little going for it. I'd skip this.

"There's a dirty, filthy, cummy sock."

Grade: D
½ July 17, 2015
Brits know how to do zombie films. Not as good as Shaun or 28 days but solid. Best scene is the young "83" year old guy uses a walker to "run" away from the zombies LOL.
½ July 3, 2015
Good film very funny to watch
½ April 14, 2015
Like many people, I'd assumed it would be terrible because of the title, but it's surprisingly and consistently funny from start to end. Although obviously low budget, the script is sharp and there's not a sub-par performance from any of the cast, with old favourites like Richard Briers chipping in with plenty of funny moments. Deserves it's place on the imaginary dvd-shelf with Shawn of the Dead and, personally, I think it's the funnier flick.