Cockneys vs Zombies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cockneys vs Zombies Reviews

June 10, 2016
Surprisingly funny and enjoyable.
May 28, 2016
Imagine Snatch (including Brick-Top) meets Shaun of the Dead. Breezy, gross-out, tongue in cheek flick.
½ March 12, 2016
No more than a television sketch comedy routine stretched out to movie length and that's all it is. Anglophiles will enjoy working on their English accents. Drinking game fun: 1 shot for every time "sort it all out" is heard. You might not make it to the end. Crisps, anyone?
½ January 7, 2016
Hallowe'en viewing, 2015
½ October 25, 2015
Interesting Little Comedy...
½ September 29, 2015
Just a silly funny film that does exactly what it says on the tin. A film about Zombies attacking the East End. Alan Ford is the real star reprising his usual role cockney gangster role (to perfection)
½ August 12, 2015
Awesome film !!!!!! Lots of laughs !!!!!
½ July 20, 2015
You're about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

A group of down on their luck friends decides they need to rob a bank to set their fortunes in the right direction. One of the friends recently put his father in a nursing home and the father's adjustment is very interesting. During the heist a zombie outbreak occurs. The gang decides to go rescue the father from the nursing home where they may be able to hold up until things get better.

"If we're gone longer than ten minutes..."
"...then fucking wait longer."

Matthias Hoene, director of the upcoming The Perfect Assassin and Warrior's Gate, delivers Cockneys vs Zombies. The storyline for this picture is a satire of sorts and doesn't take itself seriously. The comedic content and acting is corny.

"I'm going to stick the clapboard so far up your ass you're going to have to stick that pen up your nose to write on it."

When this was added to Netflix I instantly added it to my wish list. I hoped for a decent zombie flick, but solid horror movies are far and few between. Overall, this isn't anything special and has little going for it. I'd skip this.

"There's a dirty, filthy, cummy sock."

Grade: D
½ July 17, 2015
Brits know how to do zombie films. Not as good as Shaun or 28 days but solid. Best scene is the young "83" year old guy uses a walker to "run" away from the zombies LOL.
½ July 3, 2015
Good film very funny to watch
½ April 14, 2015
Like many people, I'd assumed it would be terrible because of the title, but it's surprisingly and consistently funny from start to end. Although obviously low budget, the script is sharp and there's not a sub-par performance from any of the cast, with old favourites like Richard Briers chipping in with plenty of funny moments. Deserves it's place on the imaginary dvd-shelf with Shawn of the Dead and, personally, I think it's the funnier flick.
½ March 9, 2015
Too much fun too goofy so over the top crazy violent. Just what a good fun zombie movie should be.
½ February 22, 2015
You may protest that this is just a splattery feature-length sketch, and you'd be absolutely right. Why not have a laugh at this absurdly trite concept?
½ February 13, 2015
Fun B movie. That is all.
January 27, 2015
Awesome movie with great comity
"this is the movie you're looking for" :D
½ January 11, 2015
Best zombies are British mate
January 3, 2015
I thought this movie was hilarious and funny