Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky Reviews

½ August 14, 2016
The opening sequence is extremely gripping. I don't know what happened afterwards but at least I enjoyed the literary depth the film tried to convey.
November 3, 2015
A soulless romance that lacks intensity and passion, with an atypically awkward Mads Mikkelsen and an insipid Anna Mouglalis trying hard to appear sophisticated but forgetting to look human - her character even mourns the death of her lover but we cannot see or feel her pain.
½ July 3, 2015
But The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water is 26% better than this according to this site so...
February 11, 2015
One of my favorite films!
½ October 23, 2014
I rather enjoyed this despite the mixed reviews. I thought it was well characterised, and the motivations of both Chanel and Stravinsky were explored. And of course it was beautifully shot, with the villa and Coco's outfits as gorgeous as each other. The use of Stravinsky's music added greatly to the lusciousness of it all. Much better than I expected. Of course it's all speculation and without too much grounding in fact, but that's what movies are for.
July 2, 2014
Not a bad story or a bad film but it doesn't really stand out other than for the dramatization of the historic Rite of Spring premier.
½ June 14, 2014
She was annoying. He was brilliant.
May 8, 2014
Despite good costume design and the presence of the great Mads Mikkelsen, who the hell cares about what ever happened between him and Chanel when it is that boring?
½ April 25, 2014
A bit too slow and artistic. It doesn't seem to take off. I gave up.
March 18, 2014
Thoughtful and deep slow moving depiction of two gifted but complex soles drawn together. The love affair is only based on rumour which lessens the impact of the story to an extent, however this is strong film making nevertheless.
½ March 17, 2014
I was engaged by the actors. Story wise, it is ok, the last scenes of the aged characters are really not needed. Well made and beautiful.
November 24, 2013
Decent, but falling rather flat & sometimes loose all the way.
½ August 11, 2013
Why must every French movie elevate you to the highest high when the characters are in love but inevitably every affair is doomed to failure? Watch it for the first 10 minutes when Stravinsky's Rite of Spring incites a riot (which is not exactly shown in the film) and the fashion --those clean lines in Chanel's design --and her uncompromising character in the film. And the lovemaking --sometimes you forget you are watching soft pr0n and wish real life boinking could have as much passion as in the film!!
July 25, 2013
There are better alternatives to watch - that is if you even care about Coco Chanel.
½ June 9, 2013
Chanel No. 5 is my favorite perfume of all time. To watch the story to what led to its creation would've been inspirational if the film managed to sell the love story behind it to me. Still, solid performances by Mads Mikkelsen and Anna Mougalis as Igor Stravinsiky and Coco Chanel
June 5, 2013
I liked Coco Avant Chanel better.
½ April 6, 2013
I really loved this movie for making its lead characters so damn unlikable. It's refreshingly human.
February 15, 2013
Beautiful, appropriately, but not sure I got the love story, only lust. Great materials & cast, but less than satisfying outcome.
February 10, 2013
A disgrace to the memory of one of the greatest composers of all time. A bunch of dismal fictional bullshit. A pathetic joke.Shameful.
December 18, 2012
i think i'm a fan of Mouglalis after seeing her in this film, however, I doubt it is Mikkelsen's best work yet. i can't quite see beyond physical attraction between this two... and it is a let down to not have a peek at how they grew to be older and more successful.