Cocoon: The Return - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cocoon: The Return Reviews

½ March 20, 2016
Stretching the idea a bit too far. First one was nice, this was is saved ultimately by the emotional moments and the tragedy, but ultimately probably shouldn't have been made.
January 25, 2016
HI Dutch Schultz was minion .the roues of the alien in the pool.the store go's on.that is part of the family. And part of GOD.see my page.Facebook mark smith troy NY.
August 7, 2015
Whilst not faring nearly as well as Ron Howard's original at the box office, Daniel Petrie's sequel is really no better or worse than the first film which, despite its popularity, was no masterpiece anyway. This follow-up is light-hearted, harmless and entertaining enough but ultimately feels like a wasted effort - considering Hume Cronyn, Jessica Tandy and friends have spent the last three years on an alien planet, the script spends hardly any time detailing their extraterrestrial experiences or even the consequences of their unexpected return to Earth. Instead, Petrie opts for a mere, unimaginative retread of the original, which makes for a passable if unremarkable sequel.
½ May 30, 2015
A pretty good follow-up!
½ April 15, 2015
They really never should have come back.
April 10, 2015
I actually liked this one more than the original. I think this one is less awkward than the first and has more of a message to it dealing with immortality. Elaine Stritch steals the show as the new addition to the cast and Jessica Tandy really is a stand out in this one. Jack Gilford is great just like he was in the first and Wilfrod Brimely too. I just felt like this one really had more to it in terms of a plot and a look on life itself.
January 31, 2015
The sequel's title doesn't lie, it's "The Return" of the wonderful, warming heart and spirit of gentleness and emotions being expressed while providing a fine narration and increased levels of its qualities to be enough to be better than its predecessor. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ January 8, 2015
One of the most unnecessary sequel ever but IF you gotta make a sequel that nobody asked for at least get all these great actors back who do not slum their performances in anyway shape or form to make it enjoyable for the one time you're ever going to watch it.
December 11, 2014
Just as good as the first one. I like the originality of the storyline. Great acting and great cast.
November 11, 2014
No funny parts all drama and very predictable action parts.
August 22, 2014
Got tired of the delightful antics of old people.
July 15, 2014
I haven't seen the first one, but I liked the main idea, staying with love ones on Earth and die, or never get old on another planet...
½ January 16, 2014
Endearing but pretty pointless.
½ July 27, 2013
What can I say? It's a sequel.
April 14, 2013
Hey Grandpa! We are going to comeback to visit all of you Shhh! Thats great when but when? Soon but dont tell your Mom is our secret remember David?
½ January 3, 2013
Pas mal aussi bon que le premier pour moi. Le succès du 1er ne semble pas trop avoir forcé la main pour en faire un 2e ordinaire. Merci Prise 2.
½ December 20, 2012
it was good but thought the first one was better, it was a good film, Steve Guttenberg starred in it and I love it on DVD, it starred Don Ameche, Wilford Brimley, Steve Guttenberg and Maureen Stapleton
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
½ November 2, 2012
This movie doesn't really have much purpose, especially considering the amazing ending to the first film, but it's a ok watch which is boosted by the performances from the original cast. They give it something of a heart and warmth, but overall it's not something that everyone should see.
½ September 12, 2012
This movie simply has no reason to exist. Awkward and tacked-on, the movie plays out like they just had no idea for a sequel but wanted to make one anyway. Nothing about it is enjoyable.