Cocoon: The Return - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cocoon: The Return Reviews

½ November 2, 2012
This movie doesn't really have much purpose, especially considering the amazing ending to the first film, but it's a ok watch which is boosted by the performances from the original cast. They give it something of a heart and warmth, but overall it's not something that everyone should see.
½ September 12, 2012
This movie simply has no reason to exist. Awkward and tacked-on, the movie plays out like they just had no idea for a sequel but wanted to make one anyway. Nothing about it is enjoyable.
½ August 12, 2012
It's more sophisticated and entertaining than first one. Cocoon is a metaphor for protection against evil. About life, aging, happiness etc., the movie is thought-provoking as well.
August 10, 2012
Dans le même genre que le premier, mais encore plus ennuyant. Définitivement, Cocoon n'est pas pour moi.
½ June 19, 2012
OYE..no thanks i dont care too much for the Cocoon movies
½ April 22, 2012
wasnt that impressive
April 10, 2012
maybe after the first one
½ April 3, 2012
Not as sweet and innocent as the original this is still a pleasant return for all the main characters and the actors give it their all. The sub-plot of one of the cocoon's being discovered by scientists is unnecessary but at least it gives us a chance to see a pre-Friends Cox. There is nothing we haven't already seen in the previous film but I dare you not to shed a tear when Cronyn sacrifices himself for Tandy, especially when you know that they were actualy married.
½ April 1, 2012
Nowhere near the greatness of the original, and also seems to be a bit less heartwarming in the process.
½ March 31, 2012
A pretty decent sequel.
March 18, 2012
I actually liked this film better than the first one, I thought it was more fun, and we learned more about the characters than we did in the first film.
½ February 1, 2012
Not as good as the 1st one. 2/1/2012
January 29, 2012
A great sequel to a great movie.
January 27, 2012
This sequel wanders too far afield from the spirit of its predecessor. The result is gloomy and disappointing. See the original, instead.
½ January 25, 2012
Not as good as the original. But it's nice to see a sight not viewed often since 1990: Steve Guttenberg finding work. A man of Brando or Olivier's talents should grace the silver screen as often as possible. I'd even settle for a new Police Academy or Don't Tell Her it's Me Part II: The Return.
September 5, 2011
The first Cocoon was a classic.
July 6, 2011
Not as good as the original.
½ June 28, 2011
Nostalgia tinted glasses. Ron Howard doing his 'Berg impression
½ January 5, 2011
A bad follow up, without a little spirit of the first which was a quite fun to watch, this movie is crap with some stupid scenes.
FilmFanatik