Thick as Thieves (The Code) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thick as Thieves (The Code) Reviews

November 14, 2015
well flixter kept the rating on this heist pic but lost yet another of my reviews u keep on disappointing me flixter!
August 21, 2015
The sins of the father shouldn't rest on the daughter.

A career art thief recruits a younger aspiring thief to help him complete one final job. The older crook has a debt to the Russian mob that has to be paid; and if he doesn't get them their money, people close to him are going to be hurt. The young thief is reluctant to help at first, but when he falls for the older crook's god daughter, he'll join the project to ensure her safety.

"Are we real?"

Mimi Leder, director of Deep Impact, Pay it Forward, The Peacemaker, and episodes from the television series LA Law, The West Wing, ER, Luck, and the Leftovers, delivers The Code. The storyline for this picture is interesting with some clever characters and plot twists. The acting was better than I anticipated and includes Morgan Freeman, Antonio Banderas, Tom Hardy, Corey Johnson, and Robert Forster.

"Your lack of trust is really depressing."

I was looking through Tom Hardy movies on Netflix and decided to add this older picture of his to the queue. He wasn't in this much, but I did enjoy the interactions between Banderas and Freeman. This reminded me a little of Assassins with Banderas and Stallone. Overall, this is worth a viewing and an entertaining addition to the genre but far from a classic.

"Guilt is not even in my vocabulary."

Grade: C+
August 18, 2015
A passable heist flick. Freeman and Banderas are a low-key duo of thieves after the prototype of the Faberge eggs which are being stored in a nigh-impenetrable vault. Unfortunately, there is so little action and the twist, while I didn't see it coming, seemed more a dues ex machina than a legitimate story element.
August 12, 2015
it was good. twist at the end was interesting but it still wasn't great. still all-in-all not bad
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas. 2 very good actors. Along with a story / genre that i like i had to see this flick. Story follows two thieves which must deal with a tough robbery.. I find these type of movies always interesting and exciting and this one delivers good value altho better flicks can be found. A nice twist aswell made it even better towards the end. Overall a well worth seeing flick.
½ August 5, 2014
I really like heist type movies. This one is good.
June 11, 2014
Good beginning then it slowed down getting.ready for the robbery. Interesting how.they got through the security system.
March 30, 2014
Real good movie with some surprises at the end
February 17, 2014
I love Morgan Freeman but this was bad. I think Antonio added to that.
February 12, 2014
Not even Morgan Freeman can save this bargain-basement, cookie-cutter heist movie. It's fairly standard for the genre, but it gets bogged down by a pointless romantic subplot and all goodwill is lost with a couple of third-act plot twists that don't make any sense.
January 4, 2014
A dull straight to video thriller, with no thrills to offer.
½ November 8, 2013
Ya es un tanto monotono ver tanto a morgan como a antonio banderas haciendo peliculas de policias y ladrones donde todo se enreda y ya no sabes quien es el policia y quien el ladron y esta pelicula es asi y creo que ya dije demás con esto veanla si quieren disfrutar de las actuaciones de ambos actores juntos y una historia de aquellas en donde hay mucha planeacion y premditacion de un robo, pero la verdad como ya lo dije creo que este tipo de papeles no le quedan a Morgan a mi parecer
½ September 11, 2013
Well, this is a very bad movie, the worst of Mr. Morgan Freeman I've seen. It's unrealistic, it's completely shallow, it doesn't make any sense, it's a very poor action-movie script. Basically, it's embarrasing and I don't know why Morgan Freeman would even agree to work on this piece of junk. Still, it gets 1 1/2 stars, because he can act and frankly, Mr. Banderas plays a decent role as well. Also, the beautiful blonde is a pleasure to look at. Those poor actors just got absolutely zero to work with from the director, that's the mayor problem. :-)
½ July 7, 2013
A good movie. Not a masterpiece but, Freeman and Banderas bring a charisma in the movie. It is not boring at all. If it was released in theaters, it will not be a boxoffice failure either a blockbuster. But protitable enough. The Banderas accent is awful.
June 7, 2013
I enjoyed this very much. exciting and intriguing with some humor and some light romance. wasn't overly predictable. worth seeing.
January 31, 2013
This movie was rated as comedy from the local commercial TV channel but indeed is NOT a comedy except it has some humor .
Morgan is very good in this movie as Antonio both playing the thieves. But on the end you are impressed that what they said was not valid !
A movie full with action
½ December 27, 2012
Morgan Freeman should have known better than to be in this film.
December 5, 2012
Nothing that you haven't seen before & Morgan Freeman playing himself once again as the cool bad guy
November 6, 2012
Quite a good thinkin film that has u confused all the way through! Clever
½ October 12, 2012
now , have i got your attention? It's really good film, thrilling and fascinating. Some other thing can not be believed. Full of trick