Cold and Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cold and Dark Reviews

½ August 10, 2013
It wasn't great by any means but Luke and Kevin are two good looking men!
August 29, 2012
I think that the movie is really good but a little twisted
½ May 13, 2012
slow moving and gory
½ January 31, 2011
Admittedly, I had no clue what to expect from this movie, I had not seen a trailer nor read a review, and after watching it I can see why. The first half of the movie is pathetically slow, however the last half comes close to making up for it and actually got my blood pumping a few times.

To explain the story, a dead detective is revived by having his body overtaken by a parasite, called a grail, which reanimates his body. In this new form, he and his partner turn into vigilantes, with the criminals providing the much needed blood the grail needs in order to survive. However, as most possessions go, the "human" side of him starts to fade and a more carnal side begins to appear, frightening his partner into finally having to turn on him.

It was hard for me to see a story taking place, scenes were happening but no real apparent moving forward of the plot, but I could have been missing it. No offense to the actors, but it was hard knowing who was what as, not that they looked liked one another or anything, but the characters didn't come across very well and I found it hard knowing exactly which cop was on screen.

Just not a well done movie, at all.
½ September 29, 2010
Pretty dark movie. A bit of a "The crow" ripoff.

Proposed alternative titles: "Vigilante ghostcop", "good cop, undead cop"
½ January 29, 2010
Horror with a film noir feel to it. Bizarre and surprisingly intelligent horror.
½ January 3, 2010
this film is just awful. lol an hour or so of my life wasted way
½ October 3, 2009
great trailer
slowwwww movie
10 min into it and i was already bored

couldnt finish it
September 8, 2009
A vampire thriller based on an fantastical life of a police officer where the rules of the main characters never dying until it's time strongly apply.
½ April 8, 2009
awful is all i can say lol
½ March 3, 2009
slow moving and gory
½ January 29, 2009
Spooky, but love that Luke Goss!!
January 15, 2009
Is this synopsis for the right movie? I watched it and didn't see anything about a parasite. I thought he was a vampire?? Is it because I fell asleep?
½ August 31, 2008
The story was a bit better than the movie. It's about a cop who slowly descends into darkness. The acting wasn't bad. The gore was pretty good. All in all, not a horrible movie.
FanGirl
August 1, 2008
Really quite bad. So bad in fact it's actually kinda' fun. And if you're a Luke Goss fan it's a must see, lots and lots of close ups. lol
July 30, 2008
ok story hard to follow because of accents and low talking.
½ May 3, 2008
In a cold and dreary england, how is it that the protagonist has the orangest tan ever? Only notable for the appearance of Little Britain's Matt Lucas
November 13, 2007
what can I say this is truly the worst film ever made. It was totally dull, boring with a plot that tried to be "cool" and ended up plain tedious.
Why Luke Goss was cast is a total mystery the naration he gave to the film, like a poor 50's style detective program was awful and hard to understand.

I gave it 50 minutes then went to watch the paint dry in the kitchen, it was far far more interesting
½ October 8, 2007
This came tragically close to being a good film. It helps a lot that it was made in England, where the acting bar is rather higher. Brimming with potential, it's a clear case of someone who REALLY wants to make a movie getting the opportunity before getting the ending sorted out-- I think another month of writing and another 15 minutes of screen time would have saved if from mediocrity.
½ September 18, 2007
Dull and boring morelike. The casting was terrible and when Matt Lucas turned up it seemed to become a comedy. The only good thing was the ok special fx