Collision Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Collision Earth Reviews

½ September 21, 2017
The worst special effects ever! The script is somehow interesting, but there is a lot of fails
½ January 19, 2016
This movie is so bad, it's good. Everyone encounters ridiculous obstacles. Special effects are cheap. Some "dramatic" things that happen make you laugh out loud. I was entertained!
½ January 3, 2015
Typical scifi movie throwing out all physics term somewhat interesting for a little bit
May 7, 2014
This is an original Syfy movie and I never watch those. I only watched this one because I love Kirk Acevedo. As a friend of mine would say, "You gotta be a fan". When Syfy boasts such titles as Robocroc and Sharknado, this one was actually a smidge legit. Basically, some crazy space thing happens and Mercury get pushed out of its orbit and is heading toward earth. There are people on the ground and in space scrambling to keep them from colliding. Of course the government is the antagonist as in most of these disaster type movies... and in real life when you think about it. Kirk Acevedo does a pretty good job for what he has. The FX aren't impressive, but not horrible either. There were a few scenes that actually pulled me in and made me wonder, how they are going to get out of this. Seriously, it came down to the last few minutes to wrap a lot up. If it was released anywhere, but the Syfy channel, I would give it a much lower score.
½ April 5, 2014
I don't play video games, but watching this movie made me feel as though this is what I was doing. And how sad that with the possibility of portraying a strong female heroine, they failed so miserably. Sigourney Weaver would be nauseated.
March 15, 2014
Entertaining but not very believable.
½ March 9, 2014
Sometimes cheese is fun. This cheese just smells.bad.
½ February 17, 2014
Friday, February 7, 2014

(2011) Collision Earth
SCIENCE-FICTION

One of those low-budget made-for-TV movies from the Sci-Fi Channel-now available for rental centering on a space ship called the USS Nautilus on a mission with it's crew keeping tabs on the planet Mercury. Except that it's breaking up into pieces as a result of absorbing too much sun. That in turn not only affects our solar system but it becomes devastating to the earth as many magnetic rocks are coming toward it, conveniently toward the city of Seattle, Washington. While Dr. James Preston is trying to impose "Project 7" which has something to do with protecting the Earth, his wife gets stranded in the Nautilus space ship.

Second rate acting with low budget special-effects using obvious camera tricks that would've been affective had it been made during the 30's 40's and 50's when you would pretend that the ground is shaking by shaking the camera with the actors pretending that the ground is shaking and it really isn't. And whatever message this movie is trying to say is completely lost as a result of it.

Bomb
August 11, 2013
This started off beautifully. It had all the makings of a good disaster movie. Then around fifty minutes in or so, all of a sudden they started throwing in things that didn't advance the plot, storyline, suspense, character development or for that matter anything at all. Then they started throwing in things that were downright nonsensical. They completely lost the thread of the movie. We as an audience were left bored, which is the last thing we should be feeling in a good disaster movie. All the unnecessary plot devices took away from the sense of impending doom. They also fell into the trap of thinking that everybody with decision making power has to be an idiot in order to create suspense, one of the hallmarks of bad writing. Mercury crashing into earth is enough suspense, you don't need the people in power to all be stupid too, the annihilation of the human race is enough. The plot, pacing and dialogue all became downright foolish and unnecessary. It ruined what was otherwise shaping up to be a great story and film. In the end, a complete disappointment.
July 27, 2013
LOL. Low budget sci-fi.
½ April 28, 2013
2013-04-28 watched for 2nd time
March 2, 2013
This is not a GREAT movie, but it is not a bad one either. I liked the ideas -- Mercury coming towards Earth, the gravitational influences, etc. Yes, it does suffer from some very average CGI, and was a little anticlimactic at the end. Some of the science was way tooooo poor --- if Mercury ever got THAT close to Earth, the effects would be far, far more devastating for both planets than what is portrayed here. But hey, as far as a STORY goes, this flick is quite likeable --- the main characters are acted well, and I found myself intrigued enough to watch to the final credits. Not in the league with blockbuster disaster movies, but original and interesting. Would i buy the DVD (ultimate litmus-test)??? Ummmmm.....yes
½ February 1, 2013
Another low grade movie which is very fake. It was okay to watch. I would only watch it once though.
½ December 14, 2012
Interesting concept but the CG effects are terrible! Overall this is a bad movie. That being said I don't hate myself for watching it. If you like world collision movies you may find something here.
½ September 15, 2012
Collision Earth, very interesting film, somehow, I didnt' find it as intriguing as other disaster film such as 2012 or Day After Tomorrorow etc.