Colma: The Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Colma: The Musical Reviews

½ March 14, 2019
worst movie, songs were not good, watched it yours snd its still haunting me
July 17, 2017
Infectious low-budget original musical.
½ December 17, 2013
An independent film, that feels like a student film because of the young actors, and the sound & camera quality, but it's still fun, in its angsty coming of age way.
May 16, 2013
I REALLY want to see this movie, but ironically, I didn't see it playing anywhere near me, and I live near San Francisco. Does anyone know if it's still playing?
½ March 19, 2012
Some fairly stilted acting, especially from the two male leads, make this effort less likeable than it thinks it is.
March 14, 2012
I've heard VERY good things about this musical and definitely wanna check it out.
July 16, 2011
This movie is pretty cute. It doesn't have as catchy and memorable songs as "Fruit Fly" but it's still a funny musical that deserves more recognition!
May 26, 2011
Well, I applaud their efforts at this musical film. The songs were good, the story was good, the acting was awful! I understand that this is an independent film though, so again, I applaud the outcome. This is also probably the most true to life movie/musical I have ever seen. The language, the situation, the friends... it was all very relatable to real life.
½ April 8, 2011
Compare this with other films about being a teen, and few match this level of happy, resourceful creativity and unforced diversity.
May 15, 2010
despite its budget limitations, enough cool stuff in here to impress. [this review should be sang]
½ February 20, 2010
This was a really well done musical. I liked the characters, it was shot well and the songs helped move the story along rather than slow it down or hold it back. The boys are cute (even thought the lead isn't a very good singer), but the story and songs are well worth it.
½ September 13, 2009
One of the most unique musicals I've seen in a long time, about the most unlikely of suburbs. If you live in the SF area or just a fan of musicals, check it out..
September 9, 2009
a true independent film. while voices are a bit weak and the camera work is amateurish, the music is fantastic and the story is simple. definitely has great potential to be a hit among mass audiences with a few professional tweaks. definitely deserving of its current high praise in the indie world.
August 27, 2009
It's indie, and a musical.. strange combination, with a lovely outcome.

I found it funny and enjoyable for a "rainy-day" movie
½ July 29, 2009
Even if the songs were pretty catchy, the writing just seemed way off for me. Couldn't really get into it.
May 31, 2009
I watched the first 5 minutes... No Thank You
½ May 29, 2009
I just finished watching the movie on sundance channel and found it surprisingly good for a low budget movie. It had some good original music from the cast. If you want to watch something more original than hollywood's constant unoriginal stories than this is one for you. Thank god for channels like sundance that try to be original in content and quality.
May 24, 2009
I think I like it because I can relate to it.
½ May 3, 2009
Incredible. Very real and impressively acted. The characters were so dramatically developed, they were easy to sympathize with.
May 3, 2009
Smart and real, full of fantastic songs that (mostly) feel less from a musical, and more from a Magnetic Fields or They Might Be Giants album. Director Richard Wong also proves the age-old fact that you don't need a huge budget to make your movie look professional...you just need to know how to SHOOT a goddamn scene. Just lovely.