The Color of Friendship - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Color of Friendship Reviews

½ May 4, 2017
A touching drama about unlikely friends who overcome their biases. (First viewing - Teen years)
February 11, 2016
An emotional movie about black and white coming together!
½ November 21, 2014
for 2000:

truly this is a rare treasure from the Disney Channel
it's a big risk considering the story takes place in the 70's and racial discrimination is still present in society
but it's an amazing feat watching these two girls from different worlds learn the true meaning of understanding, friendship, and love no matter what color they are
it's very insightful, educational, socially and culturally relevant, quite the extraordinary true story of integration
racism is still around and it has to stop
this movie from DC makes that pretty clear with bravery and sincerity
July 16, 2014
It has a good message, due for a remake.
April 30, 2014
Unfortunately, the accents, the score and the poor acting are as naive as the young characters it portrays. The "South African" lead is American and never has your television seen a more atrocious attempt at an even recognisably South African accent, even Oscar-less Leonardo di Caprio was more fruitful in his endeavours. It is as offensive as the sort of bigotry the film attempts to expose, to cast the South African maid as a generic African, without any consideration for the regional particulars of KwaZulu Natal or South Africa as a whole, thereby reinforcing the idea that all Africans are the same. A possibly well-intentioned exercise in Western ignorance.
February 21, 2014
I remember my mom renting this when I first asked her about racism. I didn't see the significance then, but I saw this on TV again last night and was reminded about what an amazing movie this was and the lesson it taught.
February 5, 2014
Best movie on earth, sadly it is nearly impossible to buy on DVD even VHS :(
½ June 11, 2013
This movie shows that racism will never win!
½ June 10, 2013
One of the best films shown on The Disney Channel.
November 12, 2012
this movie is about what really matters
October 15, 2012
Made for cable fun, but filled with too much fluff.
½ July 14, 2012
One of the few Disney Channel movies that is actually pretty creative and soulful.
June 27, 2012
It has the touching points to show the public, to be better than other mediocre disney channel films. It's not great, it's just "Money Well Spent"
May 20, 2012
Not a good documentary film
February 15, 2012
i remember this movie i havent seen it in a way long time when i was younger i never really understood it to tell you the truth haha
December 26, 2011
this movie is sooooooooo soooooooo good
½ December 13, 2011
One of Disney's better made-for-TV films. It's realistic in the sense that some teenagers don't realise things about certain countries, especially race. The ending was a little too "we can make a difference," an ending that Disney does well. While I understand why they promote it, it's bordering on unrealistic and it gets annoying the older you get.
½ July 28, 2011
Memorable and heartwarming DCOM. B-
½ May 18, 2011
disney channel movie. I like it.
March 21, 2011
OMMMG! I love this movie lol, i cry in it every time lol!!!