Columbo (1993) - Rotten Tomatoes

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

Peter Falk returns as America's favorite rumpled detective. In this episode, the cigar-toting Lt. Columbo investigates a radio-talk-show host suspected of killing a member of his own staff in order to prevent his daughter, who also works at the station, from moving to New York to become a writer.
Rating:

Robin Clarke
as Senator Gordon Madison
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Columbo

There are no critic reviews yet for Columbo. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Columbo

½

William Shatner makes his second appearance in the Columbo series in Butterfly in Shades of Grey. To stop his daughter from running off to pursue a writing career, radio talk show host Fielding Chase kills the man who was shopping her book; but Columbo suspects that Chase's alibi may be too perfect. Shatner gives a charismatic performance, and has great interplay with Falk. However, the Chase character is too much of an obvious parody of Rush Limbaugh; which distracts from the plot. Still, the mystery is quite intriguing and has some cleverness to it. Despite its overt political tones, Butterfly in Shades of Grey is a solid crime thriller.

Dann Michalski
Dann Michalski

I love Columbo...its my favorite show of all time, but this episode was not only terrible, but offensive to any intelligent person. I dont know who wrote it, but i hope they never worked in Hollywood again. It used every lazy unkind stereotype in the book, sophomoric satire, and in total was an uncomfortable mess. Dont even get me started on the completely odd and unnecessary inclusion of hints at child molestation.....ick. This episode tarnished what was a string of good or excellent episodes all the way from the pilot in the late 60's. Dont waste your time unless you are trying to throw up.

Alec Russo
Alec Russo

Columbo Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Columbo on our Movie forum!

News & Features