Combien tu m'aimes? (How Much Do You Love Me?) Reviews

• Apr 16, 2020

Another Movie of Monica Bellucci about love and sex.

Another Movie of Monica Bellucci about love and sex.

• Aug 25, 2018

This is a pretty good Canadian movie! A lot of fun!

This is a pretty good Canadian movie! A lot of fun!

• Apr 06, 2018

monica Bellucci was easy on the eyes in this movie

monica Bellucci was easy on the eyes in this movie

• May 25, 2017

• Feb 26, 2017

Italian starlet Monica Bellucci sizzles in this slightly unusual rom-com about a guy who convinces a high class prostitute to live with him. Her pimp and lover (Gérard Depardieu) becomes obsessive about keeping his prize girl and soon offfers him an ultimatum that includes lottery money that he is pretending to have won. Without the distracting sex appeal of Bellucci on board, it is doubtful this would be engaging.

• Oct 28, 2014

Unfortunately, this is one of those French films that overcomplicates, tries to infuse a little fantasy but at the most inefficient and nonsensical way. Monica Bellucci is truly beautiful but this film focuses too much on her beauty rather than her talent, which she truly has.

• Jesse O Super Reviewer
    Aug 27, 2014

This is quite the film. I'm not exactly sure what to make of it since it is all over place stylistically and tonally. Much like a review points out here, there is no easy storyline to cling to and I think that is what makes this film such an anomaly to watch. There's no real reason for you to watch this movie as there's no story to speak of. I guess there is in a sense, seeing how the relationship between Francois and Daniela develops and evolves from strictly a financially inspired endeavor, for Daniela, to her actually developing feelings for him. Of course this story isn't told in the conventional manner as there are many ups and downs. Some expected, some not so expected. You could argue that the film was pretentious with some of its shots, its framing, and it's somewhat annoying operatic score, but I also think that gives the film at least something that is not so commonplace. Say what you will about this film, but it's more than likely that you've never seen anything like it. I don't mean that as a positive, or even a negative, it's just how it is. This is a strange movie that really is unlike anything I've seen out there. Personally, while the film benefits from Monica Belluci's radiant and sensual presence, I was a little frustrated watching because of that lack of a coherent narrative. The acting is solid, but it never comes together in something that I felt was a satisfying enough narrative. This is the very definition of an acquired taste. I will never say this is a bad film, because it's not even close to being bad, but, even though it has some entertaining moments of over-the-top and hammy acting, purposely, it's still a little frustrating because of the pacing and poorly constructed story. It's obvious some people will enjoy this more than I did, but I wouldn't exactly give it a glowing recommendation.

• Jun 08, 2014

Not much of a story and not much acting. This movie shows the effect money has when it comes to relationships.

• Apr 12, 2014

A lot of fun, maybe not for everyone

A lot of fun, maybe not for everyone

• Apr 05, 2014

I loved the dialogue and the vacant expressions on the characters' faces. However, the further the film went, the less I was sure I understanding it.