Come Back to the 5 & Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean Reviews

• Aug 30, 2017

An underrated American masterpiece. A cast who are a dream come true, and the nostalgic feel could only be done properly by Robert Altman. Cher, Karen Black, Sandy Dennis, are together a slice of Americana, from a pie we can't ever have a succulent taste of ever again.??

• Jun 09, 2017

The setting is a small town store, and while it feels very stage-bound (due to being based on a play), the characters and scenes really shine, with a reunion for a Jimmy Dean fan club being the catalyst for all the action, dredging up memories long hidden or forgotten. A very charming character piece from start to finish, and well worth tracking down if you have the chance.

• Jan 31, 2016

My favorite movie. Glad it's finally on DVD!

My favorite movie. Glad it's finally on DVD!

• Sep 14, 2015

strongly suggest that movie must be watched from beginning, to understand story. great acting.

• May 28, 2015

gr8 screen adaption of the broadway play

gr8 screen adaption of the broadway play

• May 24, 2015

Robert Altman's highly under rated experimental adaptation of a great play features fantastic, interesting and particularly quirky performances from all 5 of the actresses. Sandy Dennis delivers a particularly tragic turn. Sandy Dennis only ever seemed to play one character on screen, but she sure played it well. Additionally, despite budget restraints -- Altman crafts a highly stylized film. Relegated to "Cult Film" status, this movie is actually much better than that implies.

• Feb 15, 2015

Brilliant movie and so well acted by every one involved.

Brilliant movie and so well acted by every one involved.

• Jan 25, 2015

A significantly underrated Altman film. His direction is stunning, as the camera drifts through the enclosed location, floating from the past to the present seamlessly, telling the complex story of a group of women brought together by an American institution, as always classically skewered by Altman himself. Karen Black in particular is absolutely stunning in a brave and ambitious role. A successful stage to screen adaptation.

• Dec 31, 2014

I've always loved this play and now I finally got to see the movie. Sandy Dennis is simply extraordinary, although it leaves me a little sad knowing that I've now seen every movie she ever made. She died far too young and not enough people know who she is anymore.

• Nov 18, 2014