Come Early Morning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Come Early Morning Reviews

½ June 8, 2011
Hate Seeing someone I really like play such a Pathetic Character, I'm sure the Script seemed promising.
½ May 10, 2011
This one has one of the best supporting casts I've ever seen (as they relate to the main story line). Give that casting director a raise! AND directed by Joey Lauren Adams?? what?! nicely done.
April 17, 2011
did't tink ashiey judd could act, she was excelant in this,,,,, fare play to her,
April 1, 2011
A Little country but I can dig it.
March 28, 2011
Slow-going (but not in a good way) and whilst feeling 'real', it lacks moments of interest to mark it out from yer average indie flick.
March 17, 2011
It was ok, kinda upset about the ending though.
February 9, 2011
I'll catch this one on cable.
½ January 23, 2011
Everyone is really good in this movie particularly Ashley Judd.
December 14, 2010
A look at small town life in America through the eyes of a woman who finds shes fed up of waking up with a hangover and a stranger in her bed, and looks to reconnect with her family. Well acted, subtly directed and quietly moving
½ November 2, 2010
This film manages to capture loneliness, pain and despair in a way that felt utterly real. It actually hurt me to watch, but ultimately it was catharctic. A brilliant performance by Judd and gratifiying to see her in role that is worthy of her talent.
Written and directed by Joey Lauren Adams, perhaps it takes women writing and directing the roles they wish to see for women, just completely fleshed-out characters which I know I crave to see.
October 27, 2010
Not bad. Ran out of steam toward the end, but held my attention the whole way through.

Decent enough directorial debut by actress Joey Lauren Adams. Still her only directing role, to date.

Ashely Judd gives a moving and very convincing performance in the lead role. Solid supporting contributions from Laura Prepon, Stacy Keach, Jeffrey Donovan.
October 13, 2010
Come Early Morning didn't do a whole lot for me. I typically enjoy Ashley Judd but I found her acting to be rather flat. Perhaps it wasn't her fault and the character itself was just dull. The "romance" lacked emotion and I really didn't feel it. The acting of Laura Prepon was, however, a special treat.
July 31, 2010
I don't think it will be for a lot of people. Probably too slow and not enough interesting things going on. It's a simple movie about people trying to make relationships work, when they don't seem to have the capacity to do it. I think it's one of Ashley Judd's best movies.
May 18, 2010
Not Much Impressive. The film lacks energy and the plot has no driving force.
March 29, 2010
The movie is about a woman coming in to her own. Ashley Judd's character Lucy drinks a lot and has issues with intimacy. She is at an emotional crossroads. Lucy's struggle with her sense of self-worth is one that is familiar to many women. It is not a romantic movie and it's not a perfect drama but it is emotionally resonant and well crafted. Watch it for Judd's striking performance.
March 21, 2010
January 9, 2010
Good movie. Different but good. Not so typical ending.
September 7, 2009
Joey Lauren Adams should stick to acting. This movie was very dry had no imagination behind it. Although I don't doubt that this is how small town America is really like; we have already seen about 100 movies that are exactly the same. I would not say that this is Ashley Judd's best movie but it sure is not her worst. I would only recommend this if you are trying to get lucky other wise it may cause you some problems.
August 13, 2009
Very good film about a woman trying to figure out how she has gotten to where she is in life, while sorting out familial issues and why she is suffering for her parents mistakes.