Reviews

• Mar 31, 2017

This Italian film is a bit interesting to be honest. It centers on a priest doing what it takes to mend the fences broken by the Mafia in Palermo. The main actor who plays Don Puglisi does a great job of playing him and serves as an ideal role model. Sadly, I also feel the need to criticize some things. One, the film feels a bit boring in some respects as nothing truly interesting ever happens and the dramatization seems a bit oversimplified. Not remarkably awful but there's no shortage of far superior biographical films.

• Apr 20, 2009

Interesting Italian film with a pretty decent story. It's a pretty standard retelling of events but it's not bad.

• Apr 19, 2009

I fairly enjoyed it. Good performance by the guy who played the preist and was sad by the end. Good Italian gangster flick.

• Nov 17, 2008

An extremely powerful (but not necessarily moving) film about the Mafia in Sicily. The priest character was enthralling to watch, as were most of the supporting roles. You pretty much now what's going to happen due to a flashblack that starts the film, but it manages to hold you and keep you guessing regardless. There were some pedestrian slow-motion NO! scenes, which were big turnoffs, but overall, it was easy to follow, it had an important message, and it was a great lesson in Italian (I'm learning).

• Dec 31, 2007

A bit pedestrian in places, but a moving account of one's man's stand agasint the tyranny of local mafia

• Dec 19, 2007

magnifico - a wonderful priest!

magnifico - a wonderful priest!