Come September - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Come September Reviews

May 29, 2016
Standard, semi-stupid '60s sex comedy, but Rock and Gina make a comely pair.
May 27, 2016
One of my favorite 60's comedies. Rock Hudson and Gina Lollobrigida are magic.
½ June 24, 2014
Light comedy and easily forgettable. Just another silly picture from the 60s.
March 14, 2014
fluffy rom-com like the doris day variety.
½ November 30, 2013
I don't get why they had to pretend not to be engaged for the guests. Nonsensical conceit undercuts the entire plot. Sandra Dee was funny. Hudson's great. Is it possible he was the best looking star ever? It got better as it went along. Some clever bits. Other than a few seemingly out of place double entendres, & a completely implausible ending (kidnapping?!), a harmless enough flick.
June 5, 2012
Funny rom com jokes which are 50 years old. Silly story of an Americans villa which is turned into a hotel
November 14, 2011
I understand that when compared to our current movies, these movies are anything but edgy and they might have very predictable plots, but good gosh were these movies well made. Hollywood really went all out back then, the movies were not made to imitate life, they were a two hour fantasy escape for the viewers. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those simpler times and enjoy movies in all their majestic glory.

The acting in Come September does everything it was meant to do, draw the viewer into a fantasy land, were the super rich are morally outstanding, the handsome men are really handsome and the beautiful women are more than beautiful. Rock Hudson and Gina Lollobrigida worked excellent of each other and delivered very endearing performances. The surrounding cast was excellent and really helped moving the story along.

The director, Robert Mulligan crafted a classical masterpiece. providing something beautiful to those who took the time to view this very gorgeous and fun film. The way he used the color of the Italian countryside really worked in this film and provided a jovial backdrop for the fun and witty film.

Anybody who wants to enjoy a good movie, which leaves you happy should see this film. Really enjoyable and worth the two hours you sit watching this fun presentation of that eras Golden Cinema.
November 7, 2011
One of my all time favs !!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ July 11, 2011
Even with its very predictable ending, Come September is a nice comic movie
July 4, 2011
Mukava ja hauska filmi mutta turhan pitkä ja pääsee kunnolla vauhtiin vasta lopussa.
½ May 14, 2010
A great story. So many funny moments between Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida and Bobby Darin. The opening was long, but it set the relationships between all of the characters. (There is a point to it all.) It whole opening has the feeling of a typical film from this era, but I was surprised. Many moments of loud laughter. Well worth seeing on a quiet afternoon.
May 1, 2010
Charmiga relationsförvecklingar på den soldränkta italienska kusten, supersnyggt, väldigt tounge in cheek och ett par rejält värmande skratt. Rekommenderas helhjärtat.
½ January 21, 2010
my all time favourite.. Rock Hudson rocks!!
½ October 22, 2009
This movie is so funny!!!!"multiplication...that's the name of the game..." hahahah
½ July 19, 2009
Had some really funny parts in the middle but it was too long. Rock Hudson has very little charisma.
July 16, 2009
This movie is awesome simply!
March 26, 2009
One of the most underrated Hollywood films out there. It's a romantic comedy and a complete chick flick, but how can you not love it?
½ March 23, 2009
Good fun,Bobby Darin
February 26, 2009
the best of the best

the songs are all old
favorites. Rock Hudson
February 17, 2009
Its not hard to figure out whats gonna happen but that dosent matter.