The Comebacks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Comebacks Reviews

½ October 14, 2017
It has some good jokes in it. The cameos at the beginning are pretty funny. All in all, though, it misses at least as many times as it hits. (Why would you spoof 'Dodgeball'?! It's already a spoof!)
October 11, 2017
One of the worst parody flicks ever. A huge lack of laughs as they try way too hard and fall way short with each.
½ November 3, 2016
If you liked Dodgeball you'll probably hate this schlock.
July 15, 2016
7/15/2016: One of the better spoofs, but still not a good movie. There were a couple chuckles though.
January 31, 2015
It's just funny enough to get through. Barely.
January 31, 2015
I think this movie may someday be a cult classic....I mean, the critics didn't like Rocky Horror either
½ January 11, 2015
While David Koucher's over the top precence adds up to some admitablt funny moments, this is still only a mediocore spoof of a tired genre.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A decent sport comedy with many funny scenes but a few bad ones aswell tho. Some scenes tries to hard to be funny i felt. But this comedy movie are alot better than some other recently flicks like Epic More , Meet the spartans so its very watchable if you like this type of comedies.
December 14, 2014
I'm not sure why people don't get The Comeback. It's so awkward and funny, it's supposed to be like that. I see bad reviews and I truly think people just don't understand the show. I watched all of the 2005 episodes and loved them and now I'm watching the current season and loving it. I'm laughing so hard during every episode. I just don't get why people aren't loving it.
½ October 3, 2014
Surprisingly really funny moments do occur, and it does exactly what its set out to do, and spoof sports movies, without making cheap jokes, it makes the smart ones.
½ September 22, 2014
Surprisingly way better then the other spoof movies of the time. Date movie, epic movie and so on.
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - Spring 2008)
½ August 15, 2014
It's not a Seltzer and Friedberg movie, but with its severe lack of humor and over abundance on (now-dated) pop culture gags, it sure as hell feels like one.
½ June 17, 2014
Easily one of my favorite spoof films. This movie doesn't take itself seriously and if you don't either you might thoroughly enjoy it. It has hilarious sports cliches, gay and race jokes & sarcasim at its best. I laughed hard at this!
½ May 29, 2014
Tom Brady it still terrible
½ December 25, 2013
Tom Brady almost directs movies as well as he throws the football.
½ November 30, 2013
The worst part of this movie isn't the fact that it got made, but that none of the 6 writers and 8 producers that were behind this movie didn't call an audible at any point during its production. I will forevermore use "The Comebacks" as proof that I finish any movie I start.
bbcfloridabound
September 30, 2013
The spoof genre, which has lacked creativity and humor for some time already, gets spat upon yet again by hacks with no talent. No point, no fun, no originality; just a few cheap bucks for the film makers.
It takes more than just referencing some recent movies and giving characters double-meaning names to be satire; to make people laugh. Any clod can pick up a cam-corder, and have some bad-acting buddies in cheap costumes imitate somebody. Since the genre being targeted this time is inspirational sports movies, there are a few lame references thrown out to movies of that type: the jokes are so weak the characters actually have to emphasize the references in various ways, to get you to laugh hysterically. It doesn't work.
That's not comedy. However, the same old worn out sophomoric "jokes" ripped off from a middle school washroom (done even more blandly than usual) are all here. If that's not enough, there's a running "gag" of a bus running somebody over. So funny, right? Also, one pathetically poor scene does more product placement than Michael Bay; again with the same unfunny results. A musical bit flops miserably. Pity Carl Weathers, once Apollo Creed in the Rocky series, now stuck with roles in swill like this.
Lousy beyond words. Watching a snail run the marathon would be less tedious than watching this film is. Probably a lot funnier, too. 1 Star 9-25-13
August 11, 2013
This parody movie of sports novies actually makes me laugh a lot.
July 21, 2013
I just want to see it because I was an extra in it. Plus it looks like it might be pretty funny.