The Comedians of Comedy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Comedians of Comedy Reviews

½ August 20, 2016
Zach Galifianakis is the Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider of this road trip flick
July 30, 2015
Fun look at a tour with lots of laughs. Nothing earth shattering, but worth a watch.
½ December 4, 2013
Funny, but have heard some of these jokes before. Wish there was more jokes.
cosmo313
½ April 24, 2013
This doc is part performance video, part backstage/behind the scenes look at a comedy tour Patton Oswalt did with fellow alternative comics Brian Posehn, Zach Galifianakis, and Maria Bamford.

It's really offbeat, weird, and kooky, kind of like the four comics themselves. A lot of the onstage stuff is very dry, but the rest is where I found most of the overt humor to be.

It's somewhat lacking when it comes to getting deep insights into these people, and they really are quite weird (especially Bamford, who kinda creeps me out), and perhaps a tad boring when not in performance mode. But overall, it is interesting to see the lives of comedians behind the scenes done shorter and less heavy handed than in Funny People.

I did like it though, for the most part. If you like offbeat stuff, then you'll perhaps enjoy this.
½ March 24, 2013
Being fans of all the comedians involved, I was expecting more.
March 19, 2013
Yeah, it needs a better editor to cut some of the slack. Still -- for what it's worth, I can hardly grade this subjectively. These are four of the greatest comics on the planet right now, and there's talent here so knee-jerk and natural you might not get it when you're high.
January 8, 2013
Just for the record, I'm also sick of that Ben Franklin motherfucker!
December 9, 2012
BRILLIANT COMEDY!!! This Movie Is FANTASTIC!!!
½ September 20, 2012
When I found this out I had to see it. Four of my favourite comedians
This is a must see
BUY
½ July 31, 2012
If you're not interested in watching behind the scenes antics and candid moments of comics on the road then this may not be your thing. However if you want to see 4 of the most cutting edge and woafully unappreciated and inspired comics of this generation around the zenith of the alt comedy scene mid 00's then I would highly recommend you watch this. Good stuff. Also if you enjoy mayonnaise sight gags and gay sexual escapades this movie is definitely for you!
January 31, 2012
Best hour and 43 ever recorded.
½ January 3, 2012
I don't know. I loved this documentary.
½ December 17, 2011
I'm huge fans of all these people especially Patton and Galifianakis. The best laughs are the footage of them off stage. If you like anyone of these 4 comedians do yourself a favor and check this out you won't be disappointed.
½ November 22, 2011
When I found this out I had to see it. Four of my favourite comedians
This is a must see
BUY
½ September 4, 2011
And Zach doesn't hurt.
January 27, 2011
Want to hang out with Patton, Brian, Maria and pre-The Hangover Zach as they do a small tour of Rock Clubs? Who wouldn't? SQUARES, THAT'S WHO I'd be giving this 5 stars if Maria were to have gotten as naked as the guys.
January 25, 2011
Its a bit rambling but funny. Really funny. Also, I dont think it was an accident that they used Michael Penn's version of "Gonna lay down my burdens.." as a soundtrack, as a series of anti-Bush/ anti-war talk and jokes tossed off in a casual way throughout the movie. There's some parallels to these comedians on a bus and the Ken Keseys Merry Pranksters riding around in Furthur.
But I'm probably reading too much into it and should just leave it as a funny. Wish I could have been on the bus.
January 6, 2011
The Comedians of Comedy is interesting and funny, not always at the same time, and sometimes it just rambles, but it's worth checking out if you're a fan of any of these comedians.
August 10, 2010
Another very good in depth behind the scenes documentary on comdians and how they got to where they are.
½ August 3, 2010
If you love these comedians, you're going to love this documentary.