Comedians of Comedy - Live at the Troubador - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comedians of Comedy - Live at the Troubador Reviews

½ November 26, 2013
Something of a rolodex for alternative comedy, with each act only giving about a 10 minute set, it's hard to know how to rate this. Maria Bamford, Patton Oswalt and Eugene Mirman are 3 of my all-time personal favourites, and deliver excellent sets, although all containing material that you can find in their respective albums. Many of the other comics perform admirably as well, David Cross and Jon Benjamin do a particularly funny and odd little sketch that seems exclusive to this show, and overall it's a solid sampler for anybody looking for comics they might like (a couple are not to my taste, although I wouldn't say any of them are terrible).
½ September 12, 2013
The only thing I can imagine that would be worse than seeing this comedy tour live would be sitting at home, watching it on Netflix. At a run-time of two hours and fifteen minutes, and with far too many comics to fit into that time frame, "Comedians of Comedy - Live at the Troubador" was simply too rushed and not very funny. Understandably these stand-up comics are rather dry, leaving most of their humor lost on me. And instead of allowing for Patton Oswalt or Zach Galifianakis to have substantial stage time, we're instead cycled through over a dozen comedians with barely enough time to deliver a proper set. Sarah Silverman's bit is rather enjoyable as is Brian Posehn's set, but too much time is allotted to the not so funny David Cross and Jon Benjamin. Oswalt's skit is a repeat of some previously recorded material and overall, this feels a bit like a fail on their part. Stick to clubs, stick to only a few comics, and come up with new material.
½ April 7, 2013
This had me laughing all the way through. It had a lot of my favorite comedians in it, and then some.
August 30, 2010
Most of my favorite comedians in one show. Wow!
July 1, 2010
A big collection of my favorite comedians. Good stuff.
½ April 24, 2010
David Cross, Patton Oswalt, Brian Poshen... they have all (deservedly) crossed over to the mainstream. Zach Galifianakis is well on his way. But it's not too late to start name dropping the likes of Maria Bamford and Eugene Mirman as people you were into before they were considered super cool. And they will be, oh yes, they will be. Patton and Eugene specifically will be the "aww, isn't there more?" portions of the show.

oh yeah, most of the other people are ok, too.