Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget Reviews

½ September 11, 2016
After watching so many of these in a row, this is probably the point where the sameness of the jokes becomes a bit tiresome. And yet, I still found plenty of opportunities to laugh. I watched FULL HOUSE and AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS growing up, so I'm pretty familiar with Bob Saget's work. His raunchy standup, not so much. A lot of the humor hinged on scatology and profanity, as Comedy Central is wont to do, but I laughed at least once for each dais member. The only one that really stood out in a negative way was Norm Macdonald who, if not bombing unintentionally, still did some rather awkward Kaufman-esque performance art that I didn't appreciate very much. Overall, I felt the writing wasn't on par with previously viewed Comedy Central roasts (especially Bob Saget's closing segment), but there were enough comedic nuggets that I didn't feel like my time was wasted.
May 26, 2015
It was good, but the guests didn't really entertain as much as the other roasts I've seen. It still gets a three because there were many funny moments. 3/5
½ July 15, 2014
Some nasty jokes in there, one of the better roasts
December 23, 2012
I thought this was the worst of the 3 Roasts I've seen. I think the version I watched on netflix might have been cut/shortened though.
½ April 13, 2012
Just okay...some good rips, but it's so scripted it's hard to get to the laugh-out-loud phase...
April 1, 2012
As funny and raunchy as these things get.
January 15, 2012
Not very funny. Norm McDonald is hilarious though. Watch this only if you are really board.
June 12, 2011
Some really funny insults but it became very repetitious. If it had been shortened a bit I think it would have been great but with the long runtime it just became rehashed jokes.
½ June 4, 2011
These Comedy Central Roasts are always hysterical, but the problem is they are much too long! Ok, how many times can you make jokes about Bob being a dork and fucking the Olson twins. They try to break up the monotony by having the guests rip on each other first, but like ripping on the host it gets old fast! Every guest is ripped on at least 7-8 times!? Many of the jokes are the same and by the end you're just like enough already. I realize the ratings are high and it's a chance to promote your other talent, but it really should be 3-5 close friends of the guest giving each other shit, and it's shouldn't ever be more than 45 minutes with commercials.
½ February 17, 2011
Non-stop laughs for the first 45 minutes, then it stops.
½ October 4, 2010
"Norm is such a horrible gambler, he bet Jon Lovitz would be funny tonight." - Bob Saget.
½ September 25, 2010
The funniest roast I've seen. I couldn't stop laughing. Gilbert Gottfried was amazing.
September 4, 2010
this was pretty darn funny. couple of folks bombed, but cloris leachman and gilbert gottfried were awesome!

and jodi sweetin grew up to be quite the babe!
½ August 22, 2010
More profane hilarity from the CC roasters, this time taking shots at Bob Saget, and by association, the Olsen Twins and John Stamos who takes some great shots regarding his ex-wife Rebecca Romijn's marriage to Jerry O'Connell, the fat kid from Stand by Me.
July 14, 2010
Great roast. Greg Giraldo is hysterical and Gilbert Gottfried is brutal, but Cloris Leachman stole this; she's amazing...
½ September 30, 2009
Love these roasts. I think this is the best one of them all. Extremely funny!
June 25, 2009
Wow, its so strange to see Cloris Leachman, an award winning actress as a crude comedienne. Loved it!!
May 24, 2009
Greg Giraldo is always funny and this is no exception. Cloris Leachman is amazingly twisted and was really the main reason I had to see this again uncensored. There are some bonus jems that didn't air on TV but it would have been better if the dvd was edited to a point.