Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav Reviews

½ September 10, 2016
The roast marathon continues with Flavor Flav, the hype-man for Public Enemy. Joining him were a decent assortment of comics, hip hop entertainers, and Brigitte Nielsen, who met him on his reality show FLAVOR OF LOVE. Usually I judge these by how much I laugh (I mean, how else should you judge something like this?), and unfortunately this isn't one of the really good ones. Sommore and Snoop Dogg were rather inconsistent in terms of content and delivery, while Brigitte Nielsen was just awkward and unfunny period. I also found Flavor Flav himself to be tone-deaf when it came to comedy. I could also tell that some of his segment was cut out. The standout performances were by people who regularly feature on these roasts: Greg Giraldo (RIP), Jeff Ross, and Lisa Lampanelli. For whatever reason, I love their no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners approach to insults, even if they heavily rely on scatological humor. Patton Oswalt's bit stuck out (in a good way) in contrast to this by making some more intelligent references (one of which he had to explain). Overall, I'd put this above the Donald Trump roast, but it's still somewhere near the bottom.
½ April 13, 2012
Boring and uninspiring...great, another joke about the oversized timepiece or his love of the man chick from Rocky IV...
February 12, 2012
The roast was pretty funny; they hit on nearly everything, such as Flav's nine kids, that horrible show he has which shall remain nameless, to his relationship with Brigitte Nielsen and Chuck D. The part of the roast were Ice-T and Snoop Dogg, they were funnier than the professional comedians. Flav showed how to get through a roast without feeling ill will toward anyone, which was just stay drunk and/or high as possible. Still, compared to the other roasts, very good.
½ November 13, 2011
As a frequent audience to Flavor Flav's reality show, Flavor of Love, I knew what to expect from his Comedy Central Roast. Due to Flav's obsolete hip-hop following, his Deus (roasting panel) consists of some gangsta rappers (Ice-T, Snoop Dogg) and the roast-regulars (Ross, Giraldo, Lampanelli). Unfortunately, the crowd demographic preferred to support an odd racial bias - most of the Jewish comics were heckled while performing, while the black entertainers barely showed comedic prowess. Fortunately, Katt Williams makes an excellent roastmaster and the writing staff made the grade.
Although typical roasts are structured to give the Roastee a final few minutes to retaliate on his Deus-members, it was disappointing to see Flav meander from the script to bomb horribly (in an effort to protect his on-and-off-again lover [Nielsen]).
July 5, 2011
That guy was born to be Roasted!!!!
March 12, 2011
Any show where you get to see Flava Flav made fun of is great
March 6, 2011
I didn't like this roast very much. Probably because Flavor Flav should not have anything else on television. Really wasn't very funny because when they were making fun of Flavor Flav, it was all meant as jokes and it was also all sadly the truth.
August 22, 2010
Highlighted by Flav's Public Enemy bandmate Chuck D dropping him off at the roast and then speeding away as fast as he can. Later Patton Oswalt tells us that the "D" stands for dignity.
April 2, 2010
September 30, 2009
I have never heard so many racist jokes in my life. That aside, this was damn hilarious.
April 11, 2009
this joint was funny as shit
March 29, 2009
Flavor Flav! He's a dorky rap artist from the late 80's-early 90's, and for some reason, he wants a lover to find on a reality TV show. Does that sum up his career? The comedy cast that "roasts" Flav do their jobs perfectly. The funniest of them all is the Queen of Mean, Lisa Lampanelli. She came with some brutal jokes, but they are hilarous! Carrot Top was the only lame one, but that's not back for all the comedians not to stink except one. If you need a good laugh on account of someone else, then Roast Flav.
½ February 3, 2009
I bet you Snoop Dogg has joke ghostwriters!
½ November 9, 2008
pretty funny. roast of pamela anderson is better.
August 16, 2008
i love this show how do yall do it man this is fuckin cool and flavor flav you and a hore
July 19, 2008
dis was lame ass hell man u taught dem dis shit
July 8, 2008
DON'T KNO I DON'T KNO IF I SEEN IT I BET ITS GOOD SO IMMA OUT I WANT TO SEE IT
July 1, 2008
Snoop really stole the show in my opinion. Lisa Lampanelli as always was in great form to stupify her co-presenters!
June 26, 2008
yea i watch the third one