Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner Reviews

September 11, 2016
the absolute best of the modern Roasts.
September 10, 2016
My god, this was a gut-bustingly funny roast! Of the Comedy Central roasts that are available on Amazon Video, I think that this one is the best. While recently they have resorted to roasting people who perhaps haven't had enough of a career to warrant being celebrated this way (which is technically what this is supposed to be). Fortunately, Shatner is not a flavor-of-the-moment celebrity who happens to have done a bunch of stupid stuff with which to throw in his face. He earned his spot here. Everything is touched upon, from his unique acting style, singing career(?!), commercials, relationships with his fellow Star Trek cast members, etc. Yes, the humor was heavily scatological, but I've come to accept that as a fact of modern comedy, with these roasts in particular. On top of that, this has what is surely the best dais of all 15 Comedy Central roasts. If you're very selective about what you buy or watch (at least in terms of these comedy specials), the William Shatner roast is definitely one to get.
July 15, 2014
One of the best roasts. Some genius shit in here
TheDudeLebowski65
½ March 6, 2014
Of all the Roasts that I have seen, the William Shatner Roast is one of the best funniest. Here the roasters are an impressive bunch that each brings something great to the event. Every roaster is great, and they really are crude, in their jokes, but it's part of the fun, and it makes it that much more hilarious. This is your standard roast, and every roaster brings something memorable by saying some truly hilarious jokes. I enjoyed every roaster, and of all the Comedy Central Roasts, this is one of the most memorable ones. Is it perfect, it isn't, but it definitely is a lot of fun from start to finish. I've never been a Shatner fan, and it was hilarious to watch him getting insulted and roasted. Some of the roasters are downright brutal, and that's what makes this one of the best roasts that I've seen. If you're looking for one of funniest roasts, then this is the one to watch. The jokes are great, and vulgar, but you're able to appreciate the humor because Shatner in the end takes it in stride. Fans of roasts will surely enjoy this one as much as I have and it is one that shouldn't be missed. Roasts are great because you get to see celebrities that are quite popular be the butt of jokes for a length of time. This is a fine roast that features great bits and they're all hilarious. Definitely worth seeing if you enjoy this type of humor. Along with the roast of Bob Saget, the Shatner roast stands out among the funniest ones in recent memory.
February 27, 2014
Highlights of the hour were seeing his ass fit into the Captain's Chair again; watch Farrah attempt do more than smile in front of a camera; & seeing Bill and Carrie in the same building.
½ February 26, 2013
I *heart* William Shatner. And who knew Sulu was so ... crude?
½ August 10, 2012
I love Bill Shatner, but this was only 15% about him. The rest of it was extremely crude jokes about other celebrities by unknown, unfunny comedians.
April 1, 2012
Made me laugh harder than any of the others, and featured quite a great cast of roasters.
½ February 12, 2012
It was very funny but no where near as good as the Roast of Denis Leary and others. It had its moments. Andy Dick is just not that funny to me. Greg Giraldo was hilarious as was Lisa Lampanelli but the other comics and celebs were not. Jason Alexander hasn't been funny since Seinfeld and what the hell was Farrah Fawcett doing there? Still, worth seeing if you are a big Shatner fan.
January 8, 2012
Comedy Central roasts are hilarious!
½ September 5, 2011
Extremely entertaining, only if you know who the guests and celebrities are. If you've watched a decent amount of media, you should see this.
May 22, 2011
too many Takei jokes...
May 6, 2011
5 Stars. Haven't seen a roast I didn't love!
½ March 18, 2011
Artie Lange part was the best..
March 8, 2011
zOMG i could not stop laughing at the crude insults thrown at the SHAT!!! absolutely no holds barred and definitely not funny if you're 'nice'. ABSOLUTE MUST SEE if you want to laugh so hard....!
November 24, 2010
funny for all trekky's
½ September 24, 2010
I was very impressed with this roast. Before I really did not like the Comedy Central Roasts, but this one was actually really funny.
September 23, 2010
This was completely hilarious. I loved it.
August 22, 2010
Not as brutal as other roasts but Betty White!
August 15, 2010
This isn't a movie, it's a Comedy Central special. Why does Flixster include this stuff??????!!!! All celebrity roasts these days include two things: Lisa Lampanelli dropping more F-bombs than the Allies did durin WW2 and Adam Corolla/Jimmy Kimmel making lots of dumb jokes.