Comic Book - The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Comic Book - The Movie Reviews

½ June 12, 2017
Is "Comic Book: The Movie" for everyone? Not really. It's a niche film, similar to other comic book-related films like "Comic Book Villains" and the superhero parody "The Specials". The underappreciated "Mystery Men" also required knowledge of comic book lore to fully "get".
½ December 28, 2013
I really wanted to like this film, but it's just not very good. While it is admirable that Hamill could make a film like this with just a few days of Comic-Con to shoot in, it drags too much. Part of the problem is that it's a fanboy orgy, but unless you are a hardcore fan, a lot of the cameo are rather pointless. Of example, I like Bruce Timm's work, but I have no idea of what the man looks like. After the film was over I noticed Timm is in the film, but he's not pointed out. A lot of people are completely wasted, like the late Jonathan Winters. It's a pretty muddy concept with a self-righteous ending. It was a huge disappointment.
½ August 10, 2013
Even though his role is rather small, once again Bruce Campbell saves another movie from being a total snooze-fest.
August 9, 2013
This is a movie that celebrates the inner geek in everyone. And yeah you have to understand comics and the passion that some fanboy's have to get the jokes. But i would hardly call it a horrible movie. I've seen far worse.
½ June 8, 2013
If you like the comic books, you'll enjoy this film.
May 13, 2013
A loving tribute that knows how to laugh at itself.
May 13, 2013
A loving tribute that knows how to laugh at itself.
½ March 30, 2013
Dang, I can't remember this at all!!!
September 27, 2012
This film just about kills me every time I watch it. Sure, it's one of the most low-budget films I've ever seen in my life, but it's still wonderful. Since watching this straight-to-DVD mockumentary I've gained a deep appreciation for many of the prominent voice-over actors of our time, as well as a huge inflation of respect and adoration for the great Mark Hamill.
September 19, 2012
A fun, mockumentary that looks at the fandom and personal tastes when it comes to the world of comic books. Its also nice to see voice talent in front of the camera for a change.
½ April 22, 2012
it wasn't fantastic, but a good premise
½ November 28, 2011
Hilarious. Mark Hamill was hilarious. Bruce Campbell had the best scene.
October 10, 2011
While you do need to be a bit of a nerd to enjoy this movie, you don't necessarily need to be a comic book nerd. Comics have never been of any interest to me, but I found this film pretty entertaining nonetheless. I enjoy mockumentaries, and this is a pretty solid one.
October 3, 2011
HA HA HA HA.. HE HE HE HE.. ROFLOL ... dude ... Mark Hamill is my hero.
½ October 2, 2011
The only reason I found this mildly entertaining, because I was a comic book nerd years ago, and I got a good amount of the jokes.
½ September 5, 2011
Yeah, I just couldn't get through this one.
½ May 27, 2011
Luke Skywalker and Philip J Fry in the same movie together! Thats probably the most exciting part of it, other than that it was a pretty lame mockumentary.
½ April 18, 2011
it wasn't fantastic, but a good premise
December 21, 2010
I'm really happy i picked up this movie for a whoping 5 dollars. Its pretty funny at parts. And you'll love the extra's also turst me.