Commandments - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Commandments Reviews

January 26, 2014
Its amazing how sleeping with a deranged heartbroken lunatic can be justified, in the package of a failing marriage.. The movie isn't great but does depict how really shallow people are in times like these..
January 27, 2013
I been there,wanting to defy God for the things wronged in my life.
December 24, 2011
This movie was pretty dumb, although the ending was all right.
December 15, 2009
Classic Tale
The Tito and Tarantula song After Dark is awesome
½ July 21, 2009
Had some alright moments, but Aidan Quinn has definately done better.
½ April 17, 2009
Purposely breaking the commandments to find peace? I don't think so.
April 15, 2009
I been there,wanting to defy God for the things wronged in my life.
½ April 10, 2009
some language issues but the story line is great
½ April 5, 2009
satirical, emotional, with a twist
March 9, 2009
A good movie about a guy breaking God's commandments until he hears from the Lord. Should rent.
September 26, 2008
Just could not get into this movie. I know its suppose to have this deeper meaning under its mildly comedic surface, but its just a bit dull little chemistry between the characters. At least the dog is cute in its sad little way.
July 12, 2008
This is like a cross between the book of Jonah and Job. This is a good redemption story.
July 8, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 08.02.1999
March 4, 2008
Classic movie. This movie brings out the reality of many people these days that feel God is against them. The awesome song by Tito and Tarantula - After Dark provides the climax. No pun intended.
January 19, 2008
A truly dark comedy. The ending kills the movie but the rest of it is extremely funny.
½ December 12, 2007
Quinn VS. Lapaglia, its a battle of machismo between the 90's two biggest douchebags. In a sense, I really enjoyed it
½ December 12, 2007
More going on here than meets the eye . . .
December 9, 2007
This is such a great movie! Charming and sad and funny. I really enjoy this one.
½ December 2, 2007
Great Concept!! Not the greatest ended. But worth watching.
November 23, 2007
Not a perfect movie, but very interesting and satisfying. A modern rendition of the biblical Job story, but with a Job who decides to strike back at God until he gets some answers! Not a profound movie overall, but a movie with profound moments.