Company Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Company Man Reviews

October 17, 2010
I liked the movie as it reflects what is going on with the economy today. Ben Affleck, way to go!!
½ September 6, 2010
Lame spoof. had some potential but fell short in delivering.
July 15, 2010
Mostly stupid and awkward film that has a few brilliantly funny scenes. Worth a watch if there is nothing else on.
November 21, 2009
** (out of four)

There was some potential here, but is, unfortunately squandered on silly gags and an unfunny script.

Set against the Cuban Revolution of 1959. Douglas McGrath stars as a teacher whose wife (Sigourney Weaver) wants him to get a better social position. He ends up helping a Russian Ballet dancer (Ryan Phillippe) to defect to the U.S. setting off an international incident.
September 24, 2009
Beyond bad. Completely unwatchably unfunny.
April 15, 2009
What does it take to direct Woody Allen?
October 1, 2008
really funny movie:)))
May 6, 2008
So it was the random midday movie. I wasn't expecting much so that's why it was such a cracker. I really enjoyed it's complete randomness.
February 21, 2008
A spoof worth watching at least once in your lifetime.
January 9, 2008
I don't understand. I thought it was funny. Maybe the whole is less than the sum of its parts, but the individual scenes are great and it has a first-rate cast.
December 31, 2007
Harmless goofball crapola.
½ October 14, 2007
I must confess I didn't see the beginning, but only the last hour or so of this movie, but it's a very enjoyable comedy. You won't take anything at all from it, but it's pretty hilarious. John Turtorro steals the show in possibly his funniest performance to date.
½ September 24, 2007
was it supposed to be funny?
August 19, 2007
Very funny spoof, and quite goofy. Sigourney Weaver and John Turturro are fabulous!
August 17, 2007
absolutely friggin hilarious
August 4, 2007
I saw this but it was not particularly memorable.
August 2, 2007
Funny spoof of spy films. This guy is a high-minded idiot who bumbles his way through a very successful career in intelligence. Gives us all hope. I'm just sad more people haven't seen this film -- it's REALLY obscure.
½ June 28, 2007