Compliance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Compliance Reviews

½ December 6, 2015
how stupid can you be to take direction from someone over the phone to strip-search another human being. and there was an actual person who was this stupid... come on! that's beyond... can't even find a harsh enough word for it
November 7, 2015
Cruel, disturbingly misogynistic. The most disgusting and offensive movie I have ever seen. Outraged that anyone would call this art or entertainment.
½ October 18, 2015
An unsettling and gripping look at perceived authority. You just can't make up this kind of disturbing stupidity. The performances and direction are brilliant, so much so that the nausea doesn't go away.
October 8, 2015
This movie is fucking fun and stressful. Although the ending is a bit linear, we should note the work of art direction and how something as simple as a good thing out. however, when one wants to tell a story of this kind must be taken into account for the purpose when wanting to show it as suspense, that will challenge points.
½ October 6, 2015
This movie made me so angry...
September 24, 2015
It's like being stuck for 90 minutes on planet stupid. Characters should be prosecuted for stupidity.
September 6, 2015
Ann Dowd puts in some fantastic acting, making Dreama Walker seem kind of average. It's definitely the highlight in a sort of stressful film. Not in a good way--kind of like that episode where Basil Fawlty trying to hide his wife's party kind of way.

I found myself just irritated halfway through the film how obvious it was. How implausible it was, that make the real life events just seem just ridiculous that someone got away with this over seventy times.
September 4, 2015
It seems to be one little, independent, thought-provoking piece.
Not fully competent however, it's just a cheap suspense deep down.
August 28, 2015
Compliance is a horror movie with no sudden frights, no gore, and not a single scream. It's a surveillance video with a frightening look at the power of authority and how renunciative human could get under pressure.
½ August 11, 2015
Almost impossible to keep your eyes on. So very very troubling, disturbing, and upsetting, all topped off with the reminder that everything really happened. It's almost improper to say I liked the film, so well it embodies the harrowing and horrific nature of its subject matter. Nevertheless, it is a well-made thriller, though still one of the most torturous film experiences I've come across in a while.
½ August 7, 2015
Compliance is based off true events and is a very creepy thriller that can be hard to watch at times. The gripping story revolved around a guy who calls a fast foot restaurant acting like he is the police investigating one of the female employees on staff. He directs the manager and various others to do things to this girl to "help" with the investigation. Things get very serious and weird and the revelations discovered as the film goes along are crazy. The entire tone of the movie is dark, their is nothing that will make you smile,only cringe at what is going on, on screen. The acting is superb and the film-making creates a truly intense atmosphere. Realizing that something like that really happened is even more insane but this flick does it justice with a solid movie watching experience.
July 5, 2015
Shows how stupid people can be in the hands of a skilled psychopath.
June 27, 2015
Unbelievable and too over the top
½ June 25, 2015
It's hard to believe this is in fact based on a true story. But here's a movie that isn't exploiting that title card, not even when I thought it took things too far. An absurd indie thriller that puts the power of authority and our inability to question it in check. Ann Dowd is a definite show stealer and worth the price of admission for her performance alone.
½ June 23, 2015
Well crafted and depicts well how the all american morons approach toward any simple situation. Cast do their utmost and mesmerizing portraits.
June 11, 2015
Really Messed up movie..can't believe it's based on a true story
June 8, 2015
Compliance is one of the most underrated thrillers ever made. It's so intense. Watching it, I had trouble breathing. It's a frightening tale (based on true events) of authority and innocence. Unforgettable. Brace yourselves...
½ June 5, 2015
Uncomfortable and unenjoyable but it was a good movie with good acting that is needed to be watched
May 27, 2015
Movie is based on an incident occurring April 9, 2004 at a Kentucky McDonald's involving Louise Ogborn.
½ May 16, 2015
Ann Dowd and Dreama Walker are really the only two reasons to see this film. Dark, disturbing and based on real events. Reality is stranger than fiction, but I like my fictionalized reality to be a bit more engaging.