Compliance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Compliance Reviews

June 27, 2015
Unbelievable and too over the top
½ June 25, 2015
It's hard to believe this is in fact based on a true story. But here's a movie that isn't exploiting that title card, not even when I thought it took things too far. An absurd indie thriller that puts the power of authority and our inability to question it in check. Ann Dowd is a definite show stealer and worth the price of admission for her performance alone.
½ June 23, 2015
Well crafted and depicts well how the all american morons approach toward any simple situation. Cast do their utmost and mesmerizing portraits.
June 11, 2015
Really Messed up movie..can't believe it's based on a true story
June 8, 2015
Compliance is one of the most underrated thrillers ever made. It's so intense. Watching it, I had trouble breathing. It's a frightening tale (based on true events) of authority and innocence. Unforgettable. Brace yourselves...
½ June 5, 2015
Uncomfortable and unenjoyable but it was a good movie with good acting that is needed to be watched
May 27, 2015
Movie is based on an incident occurring April 9, 2004 at a Kentucky McDonald's involving Louise Ogborn.
½ May 16, 2015
Ann Dowd and Dreama Walker are really the only two reasons to see this film. Dark, disturbing and based on real events. Reality is stranger than fiction, but I like my fictionalized reality to be a bit more engaging.
May 13, 2015
Wow! Definitely a good not-must-watch movie! This is your "watch at your own risk" kind of movie because of the eerie and frustrating concept regarding hoax and prank calls that led to things that viewers will probably injustifiable to see. Nonetheless, this movie will definitely make people cringe, hate the villain, and sometimes hate the whole story! But, it will make people talk about it.
May 10, 2015
I'm astounded that this happened all over the country. How are people that gullible?
May 10, 2015
Its so shocking that i was compelled to laugh at several points in the movie. The performances are subtle and natural with some incredible and intense shots from inside a fictional Mcdonalds, telling a not so fictional horrific story.
April 17, 2015
A dark-themed film that is worth the watch for mature audiences.
The whole feel of the film somehow made me think of Requiem For A Dream, probably due to the psychological impact and the dark style of filming. Previously, I was looking for a film with a "brain strike" like RFAD, and I gotta admit I'm not disappointed. Quite the opposite, I actually expected much less, and I got much more.

In short: "This is a hidden gem within the current disaster years of cinema, and invokes an interesting and impossible to forget psychological impact on the viewers, with the addition that it is based on a true story." - 4.0/5
April 15, 2015
Pretty @$!#ing twisted...
April 11, 2015
Very well executed. The acting was great. Do not be fooled by its story. It is actually very disturbing and gets increasingly intense.
April 2, 2015
Good lord that movie was messed up. I mean how stupid can people be. It's a hard movie to watch and at the end you still won't be satisfied but it makes you feel something and that's more than any movie does nowadays. Go into this movie knowing some scenes are incredibly hard to watch but that this movie is still a great thriller.
March 29, 2015
Quite a trip. Hicks said it best, "People suck."
March 12, 2015
A well-made drama with solid performances that ultimately succeeds in its goal to disturb, but leaves the audience without the satisfaction of justice and an ending that leaves you with more questions than answers.
½ March 3, 2015
I can't believe people would be actually stupid enough to fall for something like this.
½ February 23, 2015
Disturbing and terrifying.
Can't believe that stuff like that really happens.
A great soundrack adds even more weirdness.