Compliance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Compliance Reviews

½ June 5, 2015
Uncomfortable and unenjoyable but it was a good movie with good acting that is needed to be watched
May 27, 2015
Movie is based on an incident occurring April 9, 2004 at a Kentucky McDonald's involving Louise Ogborn.
½ May 16, 2015
Ann Dowd and Dreama Walker are really the only two reasons to see this film. Dark, disturbing and based on real events. Reality is stranger than fiction, but I like my fictionalized reality to be a bit more engaging.
May 13, 2015
Wow! Definitely a good not-must-watch movie! This is your "watch at your own risk" kind of movie because of the eerie and frustrating concept regarding hoax and prank calls that led to things that viewers will probably injustifiable to see. Nonetheless, this movie will definitely make people cringe, hate the villain, and sometimes hate the whole story! But, it will make people talk about it.
May 10, 2015
I'm astounded that this happened all over the country. How are people that gullible?
May 10, 2015
Its so shocking that i was compelled to laugh at several points in the movie. The performances are subtle and natural with some incredible and intense shots from inside a fictional Mcdonalds, telling a not so fictional horrific story.
April 17, 2015
A dark-themed film that is worth the watch for mature audiences.
The whole feel of the film somehow made me think of Requiem For A Dream, probably due to the psychological impact and the dark style of filming. Previously, I was looking for a film with a "brain strike" like RFAD, and I gotta admit I'm not disappointed. Quite the opposite, I actually expected much less, and I got much more.

In short: "This is a hidden gem within the current disaster years of cinema, and invokes an interesting and impossible to forget psychological impact on the viewers, with the addition that it is based on a true story." - 4.0/5
April 15, 2015
Pretty @$!#ing twisted...
April 11, 2015
Very well executed. The acting was great. Do not be fooled by its story. It is actually very disturbing and gets increasingly intense.
April 2, 2015
Good lord that movie was messed up. I mean how stupid can people be. It's a hard movie to watch and at the end you still won't be satisfied but it makes you feel something and that's more than any movie does nowadays. Go into this movie knowing some scenes are incredibly hard to watch but that this movie is still a great thriller.
March 29, 2015
Quite a trip. Hicks said it best, "People suck."
March 12, 2015
A well-made drama with solid performances that ultimately succeeds in its goal to disturb, but leaves the audience without the satisfaction of justice and an ending that leaves you with more questions than answers.
½ March 3, 2015
I can't believe people would be actually stupid enough to fall for something like this.
½ February 23, 2015
Disturbing and terrifying.
Can't believe that stuff like that really happens.
A great soundrack adds even more weirdness.
½ February 19, 2015
Esse filme independente ("Obediência", na versão em português e exibido ontem no Max Prime) é baseado em história verídica ocorrida em uma unidade do McDonald's, onde uma funcionária da rede de lanchonetes é mantida encarcerada e revistada pelos colegas após um policial ligar para a gerente e dizer que ela roubou uma cliente. Muito bem construído, poderia ser tedioso, mas o diretor imprimiu com sucesso bastante tensão - usando também como artifício, tomadas macro dos rostos dos atores - margeando o horror psicológico. O filme foi muito vaiado em festivais por muitos, que inclusive abandonaram a exibição antes do término. Isso se deve a inverossimilhança do comportamento dos personagens. Entretanto é preciso se atentar que o longa é uma transposição fidedigna do fato ocorrido, e que por mais absurda que a sucessão de eventos possam parecer, foram reais. Na verdade parece que o diretor não abordou toda a história, que é ainda mais humilhante. A obra também nos mostra a robotização dos funcionários de fast food, que devem seguir à risca exagerados códigos de conduta. A atuação da protagonista Becky (Dreamma Walker) deixou a desejar, diversas vezes transmitindo a ideia de q era cúmplice do policial responsável pelo trote. Já Sandra (Ann Dowd) e detetive Neals (James McCaffrey) destacam-se como personagens excelentemente construídos pelos respectivos atores.
February 17, 2015
Got my ticket for this friday @ The Drafthouse!
February 12, 2015
This film was quite hard to watch. I was thinking just say no! he is on the phone so he can't make you do it. Studying psychology made this film interesting as we learn about this kind of stuff. It is crazy what people will do if instructed to do so by an authority figure, even if they know it is wrong. This really happened! at least 70 times!
½ February 11, 2015
Brilliant performances and excellent scripting and direction about a story so unreal it must be true.
½ February 4, 2015
pedestrian themes of unease. not much to think about other than sexual exploitation and gullibility.