Compound Fracture - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Compound Fracture Reviews

½ November 28, 2015
Interesting idea, good acting, decent tension. Worth the watch.
July 23, 2015
Compound Fracture is what I'd imagine would happen if Rob Zombie's Halloween and the Supernatural TV series had a movie baby. It has tons of horror movie star power and is quite efficient at using it's low budget to make a film that rivals the big boys. It starts off slow for about the first 20 minutes to give weight and legitimacy to the story and its characters before leaping head-first into the action and suspense which is generously served up for the duration of the movie. You really start to care about each of the characters, which is rare for most horror films. The writing and directing are solid and I really enjoyed how the subdued color palette gave the story an even creepier vibe. The bulk of the film takes place in one location, but each scene is laid out in such a way that you barely notice that they've never left the compound. It was very reminiscent of movies like Saw and You're Next. Overall, I highly recommend this movie to anyone who has enjoyed any of these actors' other work and want a refreshing change of pace from the typical haunted house stories that are out there already. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
June 20, 2015
Interesting. It keeps your attention and draws you in.
½ June 7, 2015
A fun little movie that plays with the traditional horror constructs. It's low budget, but unique enough to keep you watching.
½ April 15, 2015
Bad acting,special effects and plot and cheesy action sequences...and that's not the good cheese.
December 21, 2014
This is playing soon in a week or TwoI can't get it or rent it anywhere so please If it's on contact me here online!
June 2, 2014
It's in the family's blood !
½ May 29, 2014
Loved it! Supernatural scary! Edge of my seat type of movie. Would watch it again and again. Love that Tyler Mane, Derek Mears and Muse Watson!
May 23, 2014
LOVED it and highly recommend it!
May 15, 2014
Went and saw this movie in Dallas! It was one of the best suspense movies I've seen in a long time! It makes me want a sequal and not allot of movies do that to me. Bravo 5 stars!!!
November 1, 2013
Saw the movie was good I would see it again.
October 9, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie. Tyler gets to show off his acting skills, and does an excellent job. It's the story of a man trying to come to terms with the weight of his family's sins and secrets as he is forced to confront a father he left behind many years before. AND it stars some pretty heavyweight horror legends, Muse, Tyler and Derek. It's not a slasher, but there is a lot of suspense, blood, and action. I hope there is a follow up. Great job, Mane Entertainment!
½ September 14, 2013
My wife and I saw the movie last night. My wife is not a horror movie fan so there was very little expectation from her. By the time the movie ended we both thought it was very good. Well written and the concept was original, it wasn't another movie just repackaged. Tyler Mane and Renae Geerlings make an excellent team and delivered a great movie. It has plenty of suspense to go around and Derek Mears did a fantastic job as the villain in this flick. Start to finish the movie keeps you interested.
September 14, 2013
Brilliant! Tyler Mane has taken it to the next level.
July 22, 2013
Great writing, spectacular acting and awesome camera work. Nice to see Tyler Mane use more of his acting skills than we normally see and Renae Geerlings was a delight on screen as well. I love how the film went in a totally different direction than I thought it was. I was very pleasantly surprised by how good the film was and am happy I had the opportunity to catch the one night event. I urge everyone to do the same if you can! I am looking forward to the next project!
July 18, 2013
A beautiful first effort from Mane and Geerlings production company with gorgeous camera work, excellent acting, and a solid premise. Pacing issues pose some issues along the way, but the strengths make it well worth seeing.
½ July 10, 2013
Compound Fracture is a well thought out, brilliantly written film (Perhaps the best written film of 2013), with some wonderful performances. Tyler Mane and Muse Watson play estranged son and father, Renae Geerlings is the fiancee' learning about the family's troubled history and new-comer Alex Saxon plays Mane's nephew who; in part, provides reference to the title of the film. This film is about people, and all the best horror films are about people. The interplay of how the characters act and react to the situation they find themselves in creates the drama and draws the audience in emotionally. Leslie Easterbrook provides some of the best moments of the film with her portrayal of Gary's (Muse Watson) wife, who has decided she has had enough of the strange life she has lead since marrying the man.
The film has a great antagonist in Derek Mears character of William; a character far scarier than any he ever played wearing a mask. William is a violent man with serious control issues who finds himself cursed in a way he never expected. The film uses this character for the brunt of the violence, but the character is equal parts creepy.
The mood of the film is set early with its isolated location and strange, cryptic symbols painted everywhere.
If I was forced to pick a "flaw" in Compound Fracture; it would be that the film ends in a stereotypical/franchisable way, but that is a minor thing when held against the overall quality of this film. If; in fact there ever is a sequel, I would be interested in seeing it.
I give this film the rating of: Keeper. (that means that it is worth owning when it becomes available to the home viewing market.) Thanks for reading this review.
July 2, 2013
Well acted. Great plot. Just the right amount of suspense & frights.
July 1, 2013
Done well! Great story line! Go see it!
July 1, 2013
This movie was full of suspense and led you down a deeply intense path. Family going beyond the physical realm, to be locked in eternity.