Compound Fracture Reviews

• May 26, 2021

Nowhere in the description does it say anything about supernatural ghosts or entities. Those movies are fine BUT I was looking forward to the movie that was described. With that known and out of the way, this is a slow build up of tension that doesn't start to release until about 60 minutes into this 90 minute film. In the end I found the acting to be good but the story just too slow given the payoff in the end. It felt like a rejected episode of Supernatural minus the Winchesters when all was said and done.

• Oct 09, 2020

The "set-up" for this movie takes over an hour, with only a couple of "incidents" along the way to entertain the audience. The entire movie is about "creepy" ambiance, which is not that creepy. Oh, and let's not forget all of the hidden camera footage that is so tired and overused as to cause a groan from the audience when the first CCTV is shown. The acting is actually pretty good. Too bad this wasn't a drama where their skills could have been better utilized. Just plain boring.

• Nov 28, 2015

Interesting idea, good acting, decent tension. Worth the watch.

Interesting idea, good acting, decent tension. Worth the watch.

• Jul 23, 2015

Compound Fracture is what I'd imagine would happen if Rob Zombie's Halloween and the Supernatural TV series had a movie baby. It has tons of horror movie star power and is quite efficient at using it's low budget to make a film that rivals the big boys. It starts off slow for about the first 20 minutes to give weight and legitimacy to the story and its characters before leaping head-first into the action and suspense which is generously served up for the duration of the movie. You really start to care about each of the characters, which is rare for most horror films. The writing and directing are solid and I really enjoyed how the subdued color palette gave the story an even creepier vibe. The bulk of the film takes place in one location, but each scene is laid out in such a way that you barely notice that they've never left the compound. It was very reminiscent of movies like Saw and You're Next. Overall, I highly recommend this movie to anyone who has enjoyed any of these actors' other work and want a refreshing change of pace from the typical haunted house stories that are out there already. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

• Jun 20, 2015

Interesting. It keeps your attention and draws you in.

Interesting. It keeps your attention and draws you in.

• Jun 07, 2015

A fun little movie that plays with the traditional horror constructs. It's low budget, but unique enough to keep you watching.

• Apr 15, 2015

Bad acting,special effects and plot and cheesy action sequences...and that's not the good cheese.

• Dec 21, 2014

This is playing soon in a week or TwoI can't get it or rent it anywhere so please If it's on contact me here online!

• Jun 02, 2014

It's in the family's blood !

It's in the family's blood !

• May 23, 2014

LOVED it and highly recommend it!

LOVED it and highly recommend it!