Conagher Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

This film is a meandering mess with horrific acting, weak dialog, barely any meaningful action, a bipolar plot, and one of the worst attempts at romance I have ever seen. This is Sam Elliot's most forgettable performance and I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Mar 10, 2019

Very genuine and touching film. Their couldn't have been any better choice than Katherine Ross and Sam Elliot. Their performance is heartfelt and real. We never really get to why Conagher likes living in the saddle, being a loner, the exact opposite of Evie Teale, lonely and struggling to survive after her husband dies alone out on the prairie. Her little home is on a stage line so she ekes out a living as a stopover. She struggles all through the film, and deals with her loneliness, the need to talk to someone, by writing her thoughts down and attaching them to tumbleweed to blow God knows where. From time to time Conagher finds them and saves them. Conagher comes and goes in the film but only as a friend who helps Evie and her son. Gavan O'Herlihy who can play a bad guy with the best adds tension to the film as Conagher's polar opposite and rival. He in fact hates Conagher. I'll leave it here lest I spoil where this goes. Wonderful film.

• Dec 17, 2018

One of the greatest westerns of all time!

One of the greatest westerns of all time!

• May 04, 2017

a very good movie with Sam Elliot

a very good movie with Sam Elliot

• Feb 23, 2013

A little disapointed, could have been better

A little disapointed, could have been better

• May 13, 2012

Very good western. If you like Sam Elliot, you will like it as he puts in a great performance.

• Mar 13, 2010

Can't get enough of Sam Elliott

Can't get enough of Sam Elliott

• Feb 08, 2010

• Nov 21, 2009

One of my all-time favorites.

One of my all-time favorites.

• Feb 27, 2009