Condorman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Condorman Reviews

½ April 28, 2016
This one was a lot of fun and much better than it had any right to be. I remember reading the book, oddly enough, when the movie came out, but didn't bother with the movie at the time. A shame, really, for I had loved Michael Crawford in the British TV series 'Doctor in the House', when I was a kid, and Oliver Reed and Barbara Carrera always offer great value to the cinephile.

Worthy of respect, especially if you have kids around. A Disney live-action movie that hasn't aged half-badly.
½ April 28, 2016

½ March 23, 2016
I watched this movie as a kid over and over. Yes it's cheesy, but it is still fun.
March 14, 2016
Condorman is amazing. One of the real progenitors of the over the top superhero flick.
August 21, 2015
Condorman is a little too slow for kids and a little too corny for adults. Nevertheless, it still holds a special place in my heart because it was a childhood favorite. I also think the premise is pretty strong - a comic book writer whose work comes to life when he is recruited by the CIA. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a remake of this movie could be worth doing.
May 20, 2015
This was one of my favorite movies growing up. It is a light hearted, funny movie that I have seen a hundred times and can pretty well quote the whole thing. The quality of the film is not the greatest but I think everything from the acting to directing is really quite good. In my opinion this film is underrated (get it on DVD already) and worth watching for an old comic style comedy.

With all the unnecessary remakes going around these days (shudder), this is a film that could actually be a great candidate for a remake and/or sequel. It has the potential for another great story and with the right direction could be made into a great film (once again).
April 1, 2015
Its old school Disney adventure and humor, I've always loved it.
February 9, 2015
So cheesy... it's irresistible. I have every cheesy line memorized and laugh laugh all the way through. Gre
at "pick me up" for me. Kind of in the Princess Bride category for me.
January 30, 2015
Such a great movie straight out of the comics. Great family movie from a great age of disney movies!
½ August 3, 2014
The negative reviews of this Disney classic are generationally biased. perceptionally incongruous, and overall poorly written.
For example: The reviewer for TV Guide's Movie Guide used the word "superman" (direct quote). A more professional descriptor would be "Super Hero".
This movie is not meant to be taken seriously, even though the rather pedestrian special effects do lend an air of down-to-earth realism. Despite its premise of parodying the high-tech gadgetry of the more professional spy movies of its day, I would say that it is/was more of a Disneyfied version of The Naked Gun. This style of movie would not "fly" (pun intended) in the 21st century, not only because the political landscape has changed, but also because the fantasy of being a one-man army defending one's homeland against an enemy superpower is no longer popular.
½ July 29, 2014
(First and only viewing - 1/25/2011)
January 24, 2014
A cartoonist adopts the identity of his own wing creation - Condorman - and, suddenly, his life explodes into high-flying adventure with more fantasy and excitement than all of his comic strips put together.

stars Michael Crawford, Oliver Reed, James Hampton, Barbara Carrera, Dana Elcar, Vernon Dobtcheff and Robert Arden.

directed by Charles Jarrott.
October 28, 2013
This movie straight owns all the other movies in the world. I watched it so many times when I was a kid, i'm pretty sure it's why I blew out my retina when I was 32. I will probably be Condorman for Halloween in 2014.
September 22, 2013
My childhood favourite film
May 18, 2013
This film cannot be taken too seriously or you will miss all of the fun and enjoyment that this film is filled with.
April 12, 2013
A fun and silly comedy action film with plenty of nods to the wackier aspects of Roger Moore's run on James Bond.
February 27, 2013
the greatest movie of my childhood. any comic book fan, anyone with a love of fast cars and cold wars will love this. it's nostalgic for me. My favorite.
½ February 26, 2013
Pure escapist entertainment! Spy espionage meets the Greatest American Hero and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, as Michael Crawford plays Woody, a cartoonist who dreams of making his hero come to life from the pages of his comic strips. Dana Elcar (of MacGyver fame) is the U.S. Government official who funds the creation of "Condorman'''s costume, flying apparatus, and super car, as Woody takes to the skies, land, and even on sea, in helping a Yugoslavian woman defect from her region; all the while evading the Russian villain Morovich.
December 30, 2012
Love this movie! Rented it all the time when I was younger. Really wish it would come out on DVD!
December 22, 2012
Who thought this one up.